Financial Services Analyst
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Apply here: https://Nonprofitfinancefund.theresumator.com/apply/OUORHD/Financial-Services-Analyst.html?source=NextBillion
What We Do:
Nonprofit Finance Fund® (NFF®) unlocks the potential of mission-driven organizations through tailored investments, strategic advice and accessible insights. Founded in 1980, NFF helps organizations connect money to mission effectively. A leading community development financial institution (CDFI) with over $300 million in assets under management, NFF has provided $575 million in financing and access to additional capital in support of over $1.5 billion in projects for thousands of organizations nationwide. In partnership with others, we’ve generated $16 million for nonprofits for building and cash reserves, and endowments through our multi-year asset-building program, BFF. We’ve also provided loan guarantees and recovery, capital and planning grants.
Each year, we work with hundreds of nonprofits providing education and financial advice and tools to improve their financial understanding and health, and we partner with foundations across the country to develop solutions for organizations’ most pressing issues.
NFF is building a versatile team that has the diverse skills to deliver our products and the entrepreneurial approach and flexibility to support and drive NFF’s growth and innovation. NFF works nationally and our staff is located across five offices in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The Financial Services Analyst position works nationally and supports the Financial Services team’s efforts to provide loan capital, New Markets Tax Credits and pay-for-success investments to nonprofit organizations and social enterprises delivering products and services in areas such as education, health care, healthy foods and job training. This position entails client communication, financial analysis, data management, market research and presentations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct financial analysis and organizational due diligence review of new clients and existing borrowers.
- Assist lending staff with closing of new loans, and assessments of outstanding loans.
- Support collection and management of loan portfolio data and creation of reports.
- Conduct market research and analysis to support business development, underwriting and risk management.
- Work with lending staff to prepare presentations for NFF loan committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Requirements for Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coursework in finance and accounting, and demonstrated financial ability.
- 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably in the financial services, consulting or nonprofit sectors.
Specialized Knowledge/Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Excellent analytical, financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit community, and familiarity with nonprofit accounting and finance.
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint expertise; proficiency with Salesforce a plus.
- Outstanding research and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities; capacity to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with close-knit group.
- Solid interpersonal skills; flexibility and sense of humor.
- Openness to learning new skills and systems.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
NFF is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, NFF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. NFF also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment and NFF reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without advance notice.
When submitting an application, please DO NOT include any of the following information with your job application: Social Security number; driver’s license number or state-issued identification card number; financial account number, or credit or debit card number.