Financial Services Intern
- International Executive Service Corps
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Job Description: The International Executive Service Corps (IESC) has an internship opportunity available within its Financial Services practice area. The intern will be unpaid. The successful applicant must be able to commit to a minimum of 20-25 hours per week.
IESC is a private, not-for-profit organization that promotes economic growth in developing countries by supporting the development of private enterprises, business support organizations and public institutions. IESC’s financial services practice area manages programs around the world aimed at bridging financing gaps by working with micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and financial institutions.
IESC’s internship program is open to students in graduate and undergraduate programs. Students that have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program within 6 months of applying are eligible for the internship. Previous internship(s) and/or professional work experience preferred. Strong research and writing skills, and an ability to work independently are needed. Interest in knowledge of USAID policies and procedures is a plus.
Location: Washington, DC
Reporting To: Program Manager
– General administrative support to practice area overseas programs, including communications, research, programmatic and financial reporting,
– Regular monitoring and evaluation database maintenance, data analysis, error checking and assistance with quarterly reporting.
– Conducting research in support of new business initiatives.
– Currently pursuing or have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., business, finance, economics, international affairs, etc.).
– Ability to communicate effectively in cross-cultural environment.
– High degree of comfort with complex MS Excel spreadsheets.
– Ability to work comfortably in team and independent settings.
– Significant exposure to developing country contexts is preferred.
– French language proficiency preferred, but not required.