Fundraising/Institutional Sales Manager
- Nairobi (can be discussed)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested? send your CV and a cover letter highlighting your track record to Isabella Oriani at email@example.com with APPFUNDMGR quoted in the subject. If you have any question about the position, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to Apply
TAI is a social company, which mission is to help low income, mobility impaired people break free from the disability – poverty cycle in Africa. Our vision is a society where disabled people are empowered to have access to assistive technology and opportunities, like everyone else.
In our workshop in Kilifi, Kenya, we produce and distribute SafariSeat, the revolutionary all terrain, low cost wheelchair freeing low-income people with mobility impairment from the confinement of their disability. Our portfolio is expanding, including planning to include other Assistive Technology devices by mid 2022.
In collaboration with CSR programs, foundations, and institutional donors. TAI donates SafariSeat to the poorest, and initiate programs linking the provision of SafariSeat to activities empowering people with mobility impairment with skills, employability, income generation.
TAI is looking for a fundraising/institutional sales manager who will develop and manage the relationship with CSR Programs, Foundations, Institutional buyers, Institutional Donors, assuring a steady flow of funds supporting TAI activities.
The position is ideally based in Nairobi, but this can be discussed.
The fundraising/ institutional sales manager will
• Develop TAI fundraising / institutional sales strategy, including the related marketing actions
• Identify leads for fundraising and sales
• Develop the relationship with CSR Programs, Foundations, Institutional donors and buyers; plan, propose, negotiate, and ´close´ donation commitments by them
• Identify development grants in line with TAI product portfolio and target market; plan, develop, budget development projects, write related grants application
• Identify calls for Assitive Techniology supply tenders in line with TAI product portfolio and target market; plan, develop, budget sales, and write related tenders
• Represent TAI in institutional and corporate contexts
Our ideal candidate:
• Has >5 years experience in a managerial role in corporate and institutional fundraising
• Has a proven track record in obtaining funds, grants, donations form CSR programs, Foundations, Institutional Donors, and in winning tenders with Institutional buyers
• Has an established network of contacts in the ´space´ of Assistive Technology CSR programs, donors, foundations, development aid institutions, which are relevant to TAI fundraising goals, market, and geography
• Can identify and size a funding opportunity, and has the drive, the sprit/the skills to follow it up from A to Z, till it becomes a successful funding
• Is highly motivated in supporting low income people with disabilities in improving their life
• Sees challenges as opportunities
• Has a strong entrepreneurial spirit
• Thrive in a star-up, messy, dynamic, fast-growth environment
• Frames his/her work and success in terms of objectives and results
• a highly motivated team
• a very interesting working environment
• flexible working arrangement
• a high level of autonomy, responsibility, visibility
• a salary package commensurate with experience
The fundraising/institutional sales manager will work in strict collaboration with the company CEO.