- Paris, France
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where to Apply
Created in 2012, Sparknews is a social enterprise whose mission is to amplify positive impact initiatives to build a more inclusive and respectful world.
Throughout the media or enterprises, we showcase these impactful initiatives to inspire everyone, restore confidence and encourage action.
Sparknews is based in Paris and employs twenty people, around the same values: authenticity, collaborative spirit, optimism and commitment.
In 2018, Sparknews also launched activities in NY, London and HK.
– General Public / Media: We design and lead editorial operations by working with major news media around key topics: solutions for climate, circular economy, women’s entrepreneurship, sustainable cities, etc.
We create unique alliances that promote solutions journalism and international collaboration between the media. We support the production and dissemination of articles and educational content around pressing global issues.
– Corporate: We support companies in their innovation and transformation process by identifying, inspiring and empowering positive leaders, those actors of change within the company that pave the way towards a sustainable, inclusive and ethical economy .
Aimed at the HR, Internal Communication, CSR and Innovation Departments, our offer is available in a variety of formats to meet the needs of our interlocutor: training, internal communication campaign, conference, workshop / ideation workshop, sectoral watch, etc.
1. SOURCE initiatives with a strong social and environmental impact through our various networks and calls for projects. More than 5000 projects sourced worldwide on 17 different themes (SDG).
2. ENHANCE these initiatives through innovative and engaging actions:
– aimed at companies: at conferences, meetings of a Positive Innovation Club, training courses and dedicated internal communication tools
– aimed at the general public during our awareness-raising operations:
1. Through media operations such as Impact Journalism Day (50 leading news media in +40 countries and reaching 120 million readers) or Solutions & Co (20 leading economic media in +15 countries).
2. Through international events such as Viva Technology (design of a #positiveimpact trail promoting #techforgood start-ups) or One Young World (production of videos on the young leaders for tomorrow’s world)
3. CREATE AND COORDINATE RELEVANT NETWORKS
We favor relational and collaborative work (“Alone we go faster, together we go further”) by bringing together different stakeholders committed to tackle the same issues: Alliances of international news media, Positive Innovation Club with large corporations, the coordination of networks of influencers, etc.
The Position: Context and Main Missions
Sparknews works with about one hundred media outlets around the world to build year-round public awareness programs based on collaborative journalism. In 2018, four major programs were launched, on the themes of the Empowerment of Women, Climate, Health. Sparknews has also won a Google grant to develop a digital tool to identify and share solutions-oriented articles.
The coordination of these operations is managed by the Sparknews’ media team, including 3 people, as well as freelancers and project managers. In 2019, we want to accelerate our collaboration with institutional and corporate foundations to develop and finance these different programs and give them a higher impact. Sparknews is looking for a new and dynamic project et fund- raising leader, passionate about working with International Organisations and large foundations:
● Understand and assimilate Sparknews’ DNA and values, our history with the media, the unique approach and the specific value we bring them.
● Build links with foundations (institutional and corporate) likely to finance our media programs
● Monitor relations between Sparknews and foundations and ensure clear and effective
● Lead the search for funding and partnerships for IJM projects or others awareness campaigns
during the year.
● Deepen the knowledge of the entire team on institutional financing issues
Required Qualifications and Skills
● Experience in fundraising
● Deep understanding of foundations and international organizations
● Interest in current affairs, knowledge of the SDGs agenda
● Be “solutions”-oriented and have a good capacity to adapt
● Be autonomous (search for funding) as well as able to work in teams (production of programs
with internal teams)
● Have excellent communication skills (listening, asking good questions, understanding needs
● Rigor, precision, good written and oral expression and capacity to manage budgets with ease
● Bilingual French/English
2 to 3 years of experience in foundations/institutions relationship building