- SmartRoofs, LLC
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Founded in 1984, The HOPE Program has a 30-year track record of successfully transforming lives by empowering New Yorkers living in poverty to achieve economic self-sufficiency through employment and advancement. HOPE is an outcomes-focused organization. Our student-centered approach, employer-driven training, wide range of support services, and commitment to lifelong support yield strong results, notably a job placement rate of 72% and retention rates of 91% at 90 days and 74% at one-year. At HOPE we are focused on expanding our impact while continuing to enhance the quality of our services and build upon our successful outcomes.
Sustainable South Bronx (SSBx), a division of The HOPE Program, is dedicated to preparing low-income individuals for jobs in the growing green collar sector. Connected to SSBx is SmartRoofs, LLC – SSBx’s social enterprise. Founded in 2009, SmartRoofs is a green construction company that is focused on improving the New York City’s environment and the energy efficiency of its buildings, while simultaneously creating employment pathways for SSBx graduates. All SmartRoofs projects are completed by SSBx graduates, who gain extremely valuable job experience while also earning income. In the last two years, SmartRoofs has served municipal, corporate, and nonprofit clients across the city by performing services including: landscaping services; green roof maintenance and installation; weatherization of residences; cool roof application; and environmental remediation. Over the past 24 months alone, SSBx graduates have earned over $375,000 in income via SmartRoofs projects.
SmartRoofs is seeking a creative, team-oriented, and highly talented General Manager who will be responsible for maximizing SmartRoofs’ potential. Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate success in building a business. The General Manager will play a central role in managing a growing social enterprise dedicated to empowering individuals and promoting economic and environmental improvements throughout New York City.
• Solicits and obtains new business across SmartRoofs’ different service areas.
• Leads all strategic planning efforts and all negotiations with clients and vendors.
• Provides overall P&L oversight for the enterprise, including overall financial management and project management.
• Oversees the coordination of activities for projects to ensure that they progress on schedule and within budget.
• Ensures that all projects are appropriately staffed from the perspective of performance safety.
• Develops cost estimates and bid procedures to ensure that SmartRoofs is competitively positioned to ensure long-term sustainability.
• Oversees all marketing and communications efforts.
• Interfaces and builds strong, collaborative relationships with existing and potential clients and partners.
• Collaborates closely with Sustainable South Bronx’s staff to ensure that SmartRoofs’ work complements and supports the students trained by Sustainable South Bronx.
• The right candidate is a professional with a proven track record of success and the ability to lead a start-up enterprise with a unique mission.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 5 years’ professional experience, with at least 2-3 years of people management responsibility.
• Experience starting and/or scaling a business, and an understanding of how to develop sales and marketing channels that will help drive the enterprise’s growth highly preferred.
• Experience in the fields of construction, building energy-efficiency or property maintenance highly preferred.
• Must be able to demonstrate significant experience negotiating contracts, submitting project bids, and managing projects from bid to completion.
• Must have experience building robust working systems, processes, and procedures to increase productivity.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess strong sense of ownership and detail-orientation.
• Must have some experience identifying, hiring, and developing high-quality individuals.
• Enthusiasm for tackling diverse project challenges.
• Commitment to social and environmental justice and an ability to convey a deep dedication to the mission of SmartRoofs and Sustainable South Bronx.
SmartRoofs is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We enthusiastically encourage diverse applicants to apply for any of our positions!
Salary/Benefits: Salary is dependent upon experience. We provide a full package of benefits including: healthcare and dental insurance; retirement plan; competitive vacation (plus 1/2 day Fridays during summer which is equal to 7.5 additional vacation days); personal and bonus days; and 12 paid holidays.
Interested Candidates: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.