Global Cause Marketing Sales Lead, LifeStraw®
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To Join the LifeStraw® TeamPlease submit a resume and cover letter expressing your passion for Vestergaard’s mission and your fit for the role at http://candidates.waldronhr.com no later than July 20, 2015. Letters may be addressed to Waldron representatives Melissa Merritt or Andrea Greenstein.
The Global Cause Marketing Sales Lead will be responsible for achieving sales growth for LifeStraw® products, both with retail distributors and cause partners, ensuring that sales targets and cause marketing objectives are met. Strong emphasis is placed on creating robust cause-related retail strategies aligned with local markets, building relationships with distributors and retailers around the world, and seizing the current consumer demand for social purpose products to continue the exciting growth of the LifeStraw® retail product line.
Key priorities for this role will include:
- Manage budgets and sales targets to achieve growth, develop strategies to align with cause marketing objectives, contribute to new product concepts or launches
- Design and implement a marketing plan for the brand; analyze competitive landscape and adjust marketing strategy accordingly
- Manage and develop relationships with key distributors, lead market channel development activity and coordination of distribution and identify long-term local distribution partners
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key cause partners, such as donors and international NGOs, and collaborate with regional offices to support clean water programs and distribution of LifeStraw® products.
Vestergaard’s LifeStraw® water filters convert contaminated water into clean, safe drinking water. Each product in the LifeStraw® portfolio is designed for a specific situation where safe water is needed but not readily available. LifeStraw® water filters are popular among hikers, campers, and other outdoor enthusiasts who embrace the design and function of these portable and compact water filters.
The cause marketing behind our retail sales creates a direct link between consumer purchases and a specific and measurable impact in schools that do not have access to safe drinking water: for every LifeStraw® product purchased, one child in a developing country receives safe drinking water at school for an entire year. This unique theory of change makes LifeStraw® retail products both distinctive and desirable among retail competitors.
Learn more about the direct and measurable impact LifeStraw® customers are having on providing safe drinking water at: http://www.buylifestraw.com
- At least seven years of experience in retail sales, marketing, and distribution.
- Experience working with socially conscious brands is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree, especially an MBA, is preferred.
The position is based in Washington D.C., and may include up to 35 percent of time on domestic and international travel.