Global Citizenship Fellows Program Officer (Temp)
- U.S. Funds for UNICEF
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To Apply- Please apply online at: http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=637
Reporting to the Director, Global Citizenship Fellows Program, the temporary Program Officer will assist in the successful management of the Global Citizenship Fellowship program. S/he will collaborate with the Director on all aspects of program management and administration, including organizing and facilitating training and professional development sessions for Fellows, managing the GCF alumni body and determining appropriate recruitment partnerships for the Spring. The temporary Officer will also have primary responsibility for the day-to-day support and oversight of four – six remote fellows as they execute grassroots education, advocacy and fundraising campaigns.
This position is based in New York City.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Provide feedback, coaching, support, and trouble shooting for fellows
- Coordinate and execute fellows’ training and orientation activities
- Assist Director in establishing program metrics and evaluate progress/performance
- Support the Fellowship alumni network
- Identify/coordinate leadership development activities to provide the fellows with opportunities for professional growth and development
- Collaborate with Director to develop a plan and criteria for recruiting qualified fellowship candidates in each region
- Support the team and the programs with administrative tasks as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years’ work experience, preferably with nonprofit management or related field
- Demonstrated success managing, coaching, and/or supporting staff, interns or fellows required; experience managing remote teams a plus
- Demonstrated track record working on remote teams
- Previous volunteer or fellowship program experience preferred
- Direct partnership development, community organizing and/or fundraising experience a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Must be enthusiastic with a strong ability to self-motivate and oversee projects independently from concept to completion
- Must possess a strong work ethic, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail a must
- Demonstrated interest in international development issues preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekend and evening commitments, as well as business related travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook- 2010 preferred, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); social media networking skills/experience a plus
- Must demonstrate USF Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The U. S. Fund for UNICEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.