Global Communications Associate
- Remote, USA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- • We want to know more than just what you have done. We want to know who you are. What are the passions and talents that draw you to this role? • Please update your CV/résumé to include a phrase or sentence describing the business of each organization where you have worked. Applications without this information will not be considered. • Please submit your application, including a thoughtful cover letter and CV/résumé, saved as a single document. • If possible, please provide links to social media accounts you currently manage or have managed in the past.
- Where to Apply
|Are you ready to use your writing and communications skills to expand the impact of a pioneering social enterprise that is correcting the vision of millions of low-income customers so they can work, learn, stay safe, and care for their families?
VisionSpring seeks a persuasive and collaborative communications associate to tell and amplify our story. The associate will support content creation and development for our audiences, both creating original content directly and collaborating with teammates and freelancers as needed. Audiences include current and potential individual donors; institutional donors such as foundations, governments, corporations, and venture philanthropists; media outlets; partners; and other key stakeholders. The person in this role will manage VisionSpring’s social media channels, internal newsletter, quarterly and annual donor reports, website copywriting, and ad hoc communications needs.
As VisionSpring builds its marketing and communications capacity globally, the associate works in close collaboration with internal stakeholder groups such as the marketing and development teams, and program and sales teams across eight key markets—Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia—and other emerging and frontier markets. This position reports to the global manager of communications and may be located anywhere in the Eastern time zone of the United States.
• You are deeply curious about social enterprise models, field operations, and the experiences of partners and customers. That makes you an exceptional organizational ambassador.
• As a social enterprise, social change motivates us first. Our focus on sales and revenue targets serves and advances our mission objective—to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for our low-income consumers by correcting refractive error with eyeglasses.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Social Media & Internal Communications
Content Creation, Copywriting & Editing
Website Content & Support
• THE BASICS:
• Master’s degree in writing-intensive field of study.
• Salary range is $58,000 – $65,000 per year, based on experience and education.
Please note, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
At VisionSpring, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core value to advance equity. Our mission is predicated on removing a fundamental barrier to full economic and social participation—uncorrected blurry vision. The values that underpin our mission energize our commitment to a diverse and inclusive team. A diverse team also allows VisionSpring to approach problems with nuance and develop unique insights that drive an outsized positive impact in the world. We actively recruit, develop, and retain talented people from diverse backgrounds and support everyone in being exactly who they are. VisionSpring is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people from all experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.