Global Coordinator & Project Developer
- CSAF & Aceli Africa
- Flexible within Latin America or North America
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications above, please submit a single PDF document containing a one-page cover letter and resume.
- Where to Apply
This role has two inter-related components: (1) Global Coordinator for CSAF to manage member activities and sector engagement and (2) Project Developer to adapt the Aceli model to Latin America, including coordinating market analyses, facility design, and set-up of Aceli Americas for target launch in 2022. This is a “roll up your sleeves” position requiring a highly motivated professional who is equally adept at strategic thinking, stakeholder facilitation, project design, and operational implementation. The role will report to Brian Milder, the CSAF Director and CEO of Aceli.
– Shape strategic direction of CSAF in coordination with members and staff (Director & Associate).
– Facilitate technical workstreams both globally and regionally in Africa and Latin America by supporting member-led activities and managing projects. 2021 projects include working groups focused on impact (develop environmental metrics, coordinate training for members on gender lens investing) and loan workouts.
– Coordinate monthly member calls and twice yearly in-person meetings (held virtually during COVID) by setting the agenda, facilitating discussion, writing notes, and ensuring follow-up on action items.
– Plan and run CSAF events to align stakeholders around approaches for overcoming market barriers (e.g., replicating Aceli model in Latin America).
– Play active role in fundraising by engaging potential donors, writing proposals, and managing donor relationships.
– Manage the drafting of the annual CSAF State of the Sector report with inputs from CSAF’s data partner, as well as members, and support from independent consultants.
– Manage the market assessment process for Aceli Americas, including selecting and supervising consultants to analyze the agricultural finance gap and opportunity in Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico.
– Draw upon the market assessments, Aceli model in East Africa, and stakeholder engagement (e.g., with CSAF members) to adapt Aceli’s program model to the Latin American context.
– Support the Aceli CEO in identifying and pitching prospective funders, including writing concept notes and proposals.
– Support the CEO in presenting the Aceli Americas plan to the board of directors and, pending approval, hiring a dedicated team to set up Aceli Americas for launch in 2022.
– An MBA or equivalent with a minimum of eight years of experience including program design, project management, proposal development and fundraising, and stakeholder relations;
– Understanding of the agricultural finance market in Latin America and Africa based on work experience in a lending institution serving the agriculture sector in one or both regions;
– Fluency in English and Spanish is required;
– Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset and relentless approach to bridging a bold vision for market change with attention to detail and operational excellence;
– Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship management skills;
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a global team in a rapidly evolving environment; and
– Passion for applying financial and business acumen to create economic opportunities for marginalized populations and promote more environmentally sustainable practices.