Global Director of Academy Operations
- Bridge International Academies
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please consult our website www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com/company/careers OR email email@example.com and mention posting from NextBillion
Who We Are
Bridge International Academies is the world's largest education provider serving families living under the international poverty line – democratizing the right to succeed. Bridge operates 412 nursery and primary schools across emerging markets. Our technology-enabled Learning Lab integrates our print and software publishing with pupil performance data from the classroom for every child, enabling us to constantly iterate on pedagogical and classroom management improvements to deliver radically improved learning outcomes for the most disadvantaged children.
Customer Experience at Bridge
In order to meet our vision of educating 10,000,000 children in the next decade, Bridge needs to strengthen our retail operations strategy. The Global Director of Academy Operations will lead this charge, ensuring that we have the right people, programmes, and strategies in place across all of our academies in order to deliver the high-quality education we promise at the aggressive rate required. Essentially, the Global Director of Customer Strategy represents the voice of Academy Manager, and designs the retail operations tools and strategies to help them continue to grow their pupil reach and maximize their revenue.
About the Role
The work of the Global Director of Academy Operations begins with the design of the recruitment processes, training programmes, and compensation structures of academy staff, who are at the core of delivering everything Bridge does. The Global Director of Academy Operations must also design all of the academy management tools to help Academy Managers be more efficient and successful in their role – be them digital or non-digital solutions to pupil admissions and timely fee collections; supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; teacher supervision and mentorship; retail and concession sales management; and more – including accountability measures across all responsibilities. The Director of Academy Operations also works with the Global Director of Customer Strategy to develop scalable, easy-to-implement communications, programmes, and events that will strengthen community leader support, community integration, parent outreach, parent affinity, and word of mouth as well as pricing communications, retention, promotions, and loyalty programmes.
What You Will Do
- Set the global vision, strategy, and overall retail approach for academy management including ideal staffing, processes, and accountability measures in order to maximise operational efficiency and drive revenue
- Develop the recruitment, training, on-going professional development, and compensations structures that will best prepare and motivate academy staff, particularly Academy Managers and their supervisory line
- Develop systems and tools to ensure pupil admissions, timely fee collections, and ongoing retail and consessions purchases hit the targets required
- Develop systems and tools for supplies, vendors, grounds, and overall inventory management in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness at the academy while maintaining a smart appearance
- Work with the Global Director of Customer Strategy to develop pricing communications and loyalty programmes that ensure timely payments from parents as well as affinity/word of mouth
- Work with the Academic Team to develop programmes for Academy Managers to better manage, support, and mentor their teachers
- Define global budgets and timelines throughout the academy lifecycle for purposes of maximizing pupils growth and academy revenue, liaising with other departments as needed
- Spend time in Bridge communities developing a knowledge of the market, competitors, and trends as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities; partner with other teams throughout Bridge as needed
What You Should Have
- Passion for Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Extensive experience in at least three of the following: human-centred design, customer strategy, innovation, retail, communications, marketing, or sales
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up experience preferred
- Experience growing an existing organisation is a major asset; experience working with a chain preferred
- Experience working in developing countries and/or with low income customers highly encouraged
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (business, management, sales, retail management, organisational behaviour), graduate degrees preferred
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Passionate about Bridge’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed
How We Work
Above all else, we’re looking for ambition, organization, drive, intellect, problem solving, and respect for others. You will report to the Chief Experience Officer and will manage a small global team of 2-4 people.
Nigeria or India preferred. Kenya, Uganda, or DC possible, too. 25%+ travel will be required.