Global Director of People Operations
- One Acre Fund
- East Africa
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Application online - http://grnh.se/hry3if1
Exceptional experienced professional with a deep interest in people, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a significant interest in international development and nonprofit work.
E. Africa rural field site or capital city, with up to 25% travel (initial 6 months will require 50% time in rural East Africa)
Minimum 3 years commitment for full-time career role
Our Global Director of People Operations will be one of the most important people in the organization, and will quickly join the organization-wide leadership group. S/he will be a key deputy of the Global Director of Operations, and will lead all human resource and talent management functions in our 4,000+ person organization, spanning several departments.
This is not a typical HR management role, since we think of HR differently than most companies. We take pride in our innovative approach to talent and team; our creative recruitment strategies drive more than 35,000 international and 100,000 country national applications per year; we retain top professionals in field postings far longer than most organizations and companies; we are building a high-performing, mission-driven team that is primarily based in rural areas, so that they can learn from our customers on a daily basis. Our team matters more than anything else, and we are seeking an exceptional, innovative leader who can help take our HR and talent functions to the next level as we continue to scale rapidly.
The overarching goals for this role are to:
— Continue building best-in-class people functions to help us recruit, develop and retain top global and country-national talent across more than 10 countries. We have a team of dozens of experienced staff members working on innovative People solutions and are seeking an innovative leader to help push the team and our progress even further.
— Make One Acre Fund the best place to work in the world for development professionals looking to build a career in social impact
— Drive innovation across all HR and talent functions
— Help us maintain our unique culture as we scale
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional candidates with 7-10+ years work experience as a general manager/ leader in a fast-growing organization, and a propensity for innovation – C-level executives or co-founders would be ideal candidates. Prior HR experience preferred but not required if the candidate has held a senior-level position at an innovative organization that places a strong emphasis on People. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encourage to apply:
– Passion for building teams, finding talent, building relationships and tackling challenging people-related issues
– Proven ability to manage teams and develop leaders; experience in remote management a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong data and analytical skills; advanced Excel a plus
– Experience working in a multi-cultural work place in a developing country, ideally in East Africa, a plus
– Creativity and strong problem solving skills
– Top-performing educational background; related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required
– We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
– A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
– Language: Fluent English required; Swahili, Kinyarwanda and/or French a plus
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health insurance, retirement contribution, immunizations, flights, housing and food stipends, flexible work environment.
Sponsor International Candidates
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply online – http://grnh.se/hry3if1