Global Director – Operations
- Contact Information
Job Objective To ensure the operational health of all of Ennovent’s global functions
Position Type Full-time
Location Washington, USA
The Global Director – Operations is responsible for the effective day to day and strategic operational management of Ennovent’s current (Austria, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Africa) and future regions and countries in which we operate. In doing so, the Global Director – Operations will be responsible for overseeing the sub-functions of Human Resources, Information Technology and Systems, Procurement, General Administration, Legal Compliance and the Ennovent Innovation Community. The Global Director – Operations will also be responsible for achieving sales targets linked to solutions and other collaboration opportunities.
With the support of junior team members, the specific responsibilities related to the Global Director – Operations will include but not be limited to:
• Oversee and ensure the health of Ennovent’s key operational functions.
• Ensure globally and regionally benchmarked HR functions to effectively recruit, retain, reward and transition temporary and permanent team members.
• Ensure robust IT systems that best enable Ennovent’s function as a virtual, distributed team in diverse locations.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant laws related to Ennovent’s geographies.
• Further develop effective administrative functions and processes to ensure efficient operations in all geographies.
• Further develop and operationalise the global Innovation Community (offline and online) to support Ennovent’s expansion.
• Build relationships with ecosystem stakeholders – with a focus on the US market – to generate sales leads, partnerships, and other required relationships.
• Identify, monitor and mitigate operational risks related to all Ennovent’s geographies.
• Ensure appropriate budgetary compliance for all operational functions.
• Ensure compliance with company-wide policies, systems and processes.
• Develop and manage required governance structures for all Ennovent’s entities.
• Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholder groups (Advisors etc.)
• Contribute to the overall strategic development of Ennovent as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• Manage junior staff members providing relevant coaching, results-oriented leadership to foster strong career path management and growth.
The Global Director – Operations is a senior professional with a business background focusing on ensuring the operational health of Ennovent’s global entities.
The Global Director – Operations should possess:
• An advanced degree in business; an MBA is preferred.
• 10+ years of professional experience focused in operational roles with at least 3 years in a management role.
• Proven understanding of operational fundamentals including HR, IT, Administration, Procurement.
• Experience with organisational innovation, lean and agile management techniques and other forward-thinking concepts related to workplace innovation.
• Exceptional team and people management abilities; experience cultivating, managing and mentoring virtual teams is preferred.
• Proven experience and sensitivity to working in complex, cross-cultural global environments.
• Proven sales experience and instincts to achieve stated targets.
• Strong strategic thinking, reasoning and planning abilities.
• Ability to analyze relevant alternatives and create a rational recommendation to support business decision-making.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills; the ability to quantify organisational challenges to ensure exceptional organisational function.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications abilities in English.
• An entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to work with independence, ambiguity and flexibility to ensure targets and outcomes are reached; candidates with previous entrepreneurial experience will be preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration and coaching abilities to foster high-impact team, client and partner relationships and results.
• A clear motivation to work in a startup culture focused on having a positive impact in low-income markets in India.
• A commitment to Ennovent’s overall mission and core values.
Ennovent offers a salary package in line with a structured compensation plan combined of both fixed and variable components. This will be a full-time home-based role in Washington, USA on an full-time consultancy contract. The Global Director may be required to travel within the United States; the position will require annual travel to Asia.
Please apply with detailed resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position and relevant past experiences to Sheena Agarwal, Associate Manager – HR at email@example.com