Global Education Innovations (CEI) Intern
- Results for Development Institute (R4D)
- Deadline for Applications
- Provide research, analytical and writing assistance to support program profiling process for CEI (this includes reaching out to innovative education programs globally, conducting in-depth phone interviews with them, and collecting and writing up data into succinct CEI profiles).
- Landscape and collect resources related to international non-state education for the Research and Evidence Library (peer-reviewed literature, impact evaluations, systematic reviews, etc).
- Conduct research on key topic areas, aggregate related program data, and write content for topic pages.
- Contribute to the CEI communications efforts, including contributing to the CEI blog.
- Provide administrative support, as needed (for instance, assist in the coordination of R4D’s education events, manage the team’s documents, etc).
The intern will be exposed to a range of issues and topic areas in education, particularly in non-state global education, and will receive mentorship from various members of the Global Education team.
Summary of Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and present data in a way that is easily understood.
- Experience and/or interest in producing analytic products, including conducting research and writing for reports and publications.
- Interest in quantitative data collection, management and analysis.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; some experience with data extraction and analysis also valued.
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor.
Candidates who also have some of the following qualifications would be of particular interest, though these are not requirements:
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in international development.
- Experience and/or interest in global education.
- Any languages in addition to English (primarily Spanish, but also Portuguese, French, or Arabic).
Candidates should be college/university undergraduate students or recent graduates with less than 2 years of work experience; or graduate students with 0-4 years work experience.
Interns are expected to work between 20 – 40 hours a week during a 3-month internship period.
R4d interns will recieve a small stipend commensurate with experience and hours worked.
Qualified candidates should apply by forwarding your resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ’CEI Intern’ in the subject line. In addition to detailing your qualifications and interest, please also mention your start-date availability.