Global Marketing Manager
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN Manufacturing designs, manufactures and distributes super fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling high-quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000 cookstoves in sub-Saharan Africa, which have helped 2.5 million consumers save more than $100 million in fuel expenses and two million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%.
We are currently looking for a Global Marketing Manager who will be responsible for managing BURN’s corporate and product branding initiatives worldwide, and direct and oversee the implementation of BURN’s business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing strategies and campaigns.
The employee’s duties and responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Strategy Development: In conjunction with the senior management team, and team members from the marketing and sales departments, devise marketing strategies and related tactical campaigns that support BURN’s branding and sales goals in our primary Kenyan market, as well as globally. These corporate branding and product-specific marketing strategies will be designed to support BURN’s short- and long-term business plans. The strategies will be segmented and targeted to a broad range of business-to-business customers in BURN’s sales target channels (primarily retail, financial/microfinancing institutions and distributors), as well as end-user consumers.
• Marketing Programme Implementation: Direct the development and implementation of above- and below-the-line marketing communications initiatives and campaigns in support of identified strategic needs. These creatively focused programmes currently encompass a broad range of marketing tactics, including advertising (radio, television, billboard, vehicle, wall branding signage), public relations, event marketing, social/online media, retail display/merchandising, brand ambassador, print and electronic collateral, e-newsletters and promotional advertising. Provide leadership and support to team members implementing these projects, including copywriting, editing and graphic direction. Manage external partners and budgets required for programme implementation, including creative development professionals, printers, advertising promotions firms and others, as needed.
• Business Customer Engagement: In conjunction with the Senior Marketing Officer and Sales Department team members, engage with BURN’s distributor customers to devise marketing strategies and programmes which support mutually beneficial sales goals. Serve as BURN’s senior marketing representative with these customers.
• Website: Oversee the content and design of BURN’s website which is project managed by the Communications Coordinator. Provide copywriting and graphic design direction to internal team members and external production vendors.
• Graphic Design: Oversee the creative development of all graphics materials to ensure they consistently meet BURN’s branding standards and support applicable branding, awareness and sales objectives.
• Personnel Management: Provide direction and leadership to Marketing Department team members and oversee the daily efforts of direct reports. Responsible for conducting personnel reviews and appraisals, and implementing all departmental human resource initiatives.
• Department Budget Development/Monitoring and General Reporting: Create, manage and monitor the Kenyan marketing budget. Provide monthly and quarterly status/results reports to senior management, including reporting of departmental key performance indicator metrics.
• Miscellaneous: Work in a team-based manner with BURN colleagues and provide professional support for other departmental initiatives as needed and assigned.
• 7+ years of business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business marketing experience, whether in a corporate or marketing agency environment, particularly in roles with consumer- or client-facing responsibilities
• At least two years as a manager working closely with senior leadership
• Excellent time and project management skills, a “can-do” attitude, and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
• Superior writing, creativity and presentation skills
• Proven brand development experience
• Proven experience in strategizing, devising and executing original marketing programmes
• Marketing project implementation and management experience
• Budget and personnel management experience
• English language fluency and writing skills
• Professional marketing experience in any of the following industries: Grocery, General Trade Retail, Financial Services, Microfinance, SACCO, Social Enterprise
• Marketing experience targeting the Bottom of the Pyramid consumer sector