Global Operations Consultant
- Where to Apply
We seek dynamic leaders who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, global setting. We are embarking on an exciting chapter of growth and ambitious plans. Join the adventure to help catalyze social impact!
IDinsight is an international development consulting organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence. We carefully tailor a wide range of analytical and quantitative tools to enable our clients to design better policies, rigorously test those ideas, and take informed action at scale to improve lives. Our services include experimental evaluation methodologies tailored to the priorities of international development decision-makers, monitoring and performance management systems to facilitate continuous data-driven improvement, policy design consulting and scale-up support. Our advisory teams are closely integrated into client organizations, and we strive to provide comprehensive support for clients who want to maximize their social impact through evidence-based policymaking. IDinsight’s vision is to improve millions of lives by transforming how the social sector innovates, learns and improves.
Our diverse client portfolio includes state governments in India, national Ministries across Africa, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, international NGOs and innovative social businesses. We work across a range of sectors, including governance, health, education, energy, agriculture, and sanitation.
Please see the IDinsight website for more information on our story, services, values, and team. IDinsight works in East and Southern Africa, India, and Southeast Asia.
The Global Operations Team
Our Global Operations team will be the jet fuel to creating and maintaining a uniquely dynamic and high- achieving multi-cultural, multi-continent team that enables maximum social impact. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, create the best place to thrive at work, and build the systems to allow IDinsight teams to reach maximum impact. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with our country offices, the Global Operations team will lead efforts including:
• People: Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, performance management, HR systems, alumni engagement, policies (including safety and security)
• Culture: Driving our global culture and values, reviewing and maintaining benefits, global connectivity across teams, team building activities and budgets, executing annual employee surveys
• Client: Project management process, client development process, knowledge management system, client review system, internal impact measurement
Is it YOU we’re looking for?
We are building a team that is full of ideas, knows a great organization and culture when they see it, intensely focused on their mandate, and “do it, get it done” types who are bought into IDinsight’s vision to change the world through better social sector decisions. Our Global Operations Team members will have a proven track record and commitment to the tasks at hand.
We are hiring at several levels for this global team. Roles on this team will be tailored to the individuals we hire but below is a strawman of our structure.
• Director: 10+ years of work experience, 5+ years of relevant experience leading Operations and/or People functions at a comparable organization. Track record of creating extraordinary teams and culture. International exposure a plus.
• Manager: 5+ years of work experience (relevant to this role a plus), demonstrated track record as self- starter, demonstrated interest in developing Operations skills, fast learner.
• Associate: 0-3 years of work experience, detail-oriented, interested in Operations, strong communicator, action-oriented with demonstrated leadership experience.
There is significant potential for upward career progression on this team including reaching COO or Partner level. We hope to invest in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our operations for years to come. We welcome you to submit an application and would love to find a way to slot you into our flagship team, if you can demonstrate your passion and relevant experience to our work and our people.
Location and compensation will be discussed once we locate the right fit teammates for our role. Preferred location is with an IDinsight office (San Francisco, Lusaka, Delhi, Patna, Hyderabad) but there is flexibility to be located outside if needed. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and track record. Start dates are flexible but with a preference for sooner.
Please complete this application form on our website at https://form.jotform.com/IDinsight/GOT2016, which also require a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and considered as they are submitted. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.