Global Operations Lead (Kuja Kuja)
- American Refugee Committee
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
WHAT WE DO
Kuja Kuja is a real time feedback system that allows organizations to design more impactful products and services for their customers.
Without a transparent, objective, accessible tool to allow the recipients of donor funded services to publicly rate the services that they receive on a daily basis, understanding the efficacy of programming, measuring the success of outcomes, and identifying opportunities disruptive innovation and radical service improvements becomes almost impossible.
At Kuja Kuja we are committed to putting people at the center of humanitarian and development action:
– Allowing local ownership over outcomes to emerge;
– Building the capacity in private and public sector organizations for adaptability and innovation, and;
– Helping to drive the impact of programming through deep alignment between organizational strategy and the needs of people.
We work to create the conditions that support adaptable, accountable, innovative organizations, governments, and private enterprise capable of responding to the ever-changing needs of the communities they serve.
We were born in the humanitarian space, but the market has responded and we are growing into new markets. Our ambition lies in a global platform that will allow every person, everywhere, to rate and gives suggestions for improving the products, systems, and services that surround us all.
HOW WE WORK
At Kuja Kuja we focus on two basic areas, the tools we design to build relevant, actionable data sets, and the products we design to support our clients accessing, interpreting, and taking action on that data. First, we create granular, objective, real time data sets describing customer satisfaction with the services being offered to them, helping to align the decision-making apparatus of our clients around the voice of their customers. Secondly, recognizing that real time data requires radically reduced response times and new ways of working, we support our clients and the communities in which they operate to access, interpret, and take action on that data.
In the role of Global Operations Lead you will work to design, implement, and manage the systems and processes to help Kuja Kuja teams work in the most effective way possible. You will work to evolve current operating procedures to support our growth. You will also mentor, and provide support for members of the Kuja Kuja team, and be an advocate for professional growth and development within the team.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
Every day with Kuja Kuja is dynamic as we continue to be in a phase of high-growth and building—here’s how you could anticipate spending your time:
Operations and Global Program Management: 50%
– Design, implement, review operational processes across current Kuja Kuja teams
– Increase standardization of basic operational processes across current Kuja Kuja areas of operation
– Guide Kuja Kuja and service teams in donor and agency compliance issues.
– Evolve Kuja Kuja operating model and operational strategy, ranging from setting KPIs and goals for teams to designing more effective team development systems.
– Work closely with client Program and Operational leads as they learn how best to integrate and drive value from Kuja Kuja as part of broader M&E and client feedback initiatives / priorities.
– Closely monitor program implementation and budget utilization/ burn rate and ensure that program and spending targets are met; work with program personnel and location leaders on monthly and quarterly spending plan based on budget Vs actual analysis.
– Design and implement training programs to ensure that your work today is in the process of being passed on to one of your direct reports tomorrow. We live on our ability to create strong, dynamic teams.
– Learn and work with Kuja Kuja and client field teams. Be a supporter, be flexible, be reliable, and work to ensure both Kuja Kuja and client teams are fluent in drawing value from our data.
Business Development: 30%
– Support the Global Director in program and new client development, providing leadership in the development of high quality proposals, tailored to the client needsSupport new clients to define and articulate the business case for partnering with Kuja Kuja, providing insight on how Kuja Kuja operates within an organization, and how it creates value for client operations, with a particular focus on the humanitarian and development spaces.
– Work closely with Global Director, as well as the appropriate team members, funders, and clients, to design, implement, and evaluate current Kuja Kuja strategy, and to redesign and reshape the vision for Kuja Kuja into the future.
– Contribute to the development of new Kuja Kuja products platform products
Representing the Brand: 20%
– Represent Kuja Kuja in meetings with humanitarian and development donors and investors, government authorities, and other stakeholders
– Assist the Global Director with strategic planning, representation and developing and implementing a global plan for Kuja Kuja brand awareness.
WHAT YOU BRING
● 10 + years of operations experience, whether at a high growth startup, private sector, humanitarian, or government organization, or at a top strategy consulting or design firm.
● 7+ years researching, building, and getting new projects and services to market in East and Central Africa, Latin America, and/or the Middle East.
● Excellent communication skills with experience leading multicultural teams globally.
● A fascination with people, places, and the social structures that condition human behaviors and our experience of the world.
● Love of innovation and design, a hunger for creating new things, and a desire to mentor, guide, and teach others as they learn to become leaders.
● Sense of humor and an ability to roll with the changing needs of a very human technology startup.
Kuja Kuja is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Kuja Kuja complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.