Global Operations Manager, Smart Campaign
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Full time
- Contact Information
Accion’s Center for Financial Inclusion seeks a new team member with work experience related to financial inclusion, economic development, communication, advocacy, standard-setting, and consumer protection to manage the operations of the Smart Campaign.
The Campaign is a global consumer protection project which works with financial institutions, investors, regulators and other stakeholders to advance quality financial services for the underbanked. The team stays busy creating and collaborating to build out a comprehensive set of public goods to support its agenda including a certification program, trainings, tools, and research on emerging client protection risks. The certification program, for example, has recognized institutions serving over 35 million clients. From where we sit, the interest in and demand for responsible finance has never been higher.
With the myriad of partners, contracts, and ongoing activities, the Campaign needs an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative individual to manage the Campaign’s day-to-day operations. We are looking for a dot-connector – someone who is willing to invest the time to see the big picture and then the energy to make the nitty-gritty of this multi-time-zone project run as smoothly as possible. Someone who can negotiate a contract with a rating agency in the morning, plan an awards ceremony in Nigeria mid-day and liaise with Accion and CFI’s communication teams in the evening. The Global Operations Manager will also manage the Smart Campaign Operations and Communications Associate and external consultants to support the Campaigns engagement and implementation efforts. In addition, the Global Operations Manager will manage the Campaign’s monitoring and evaluation program.
– Manage day-to-day operations of the Campaign including: develop and maintain project budget, monitor spending, manage contracts, handle financial reporting, improve tracking systems and analysis of activities for donor and internal reporting. Identify gaps in procedures and fix to improve team efficiency and productivity
– Develop and update project GANTT chart, and Campaign bi-monthly meeting agendas and report-outs; Maintain calendar of events
– Support the implementation of the client protection standards: maintain the pool of client protection experts and tools up to date and identify gaps; manage trainer and TA approval process and relationships with providers, tool prioritization, updates and translations
– Support Campaign human resources, team morale, onboarding
– Manage Operations and Communications associate
– Oversee the successful implementation of the Campaign’s communications strategy
– Develop social media strategy and oversee its implementation, working closely with Campaign Managing Director
– Manage regular communications with Steering Committee: send regular updates, set agenda for Steering Committee meetings with Campaign Director
– Manage Campaign coordination with CFI and Accion communication resources including aligning on editorial calendars, event-planning, publication launch and webinars etc. Support project planning for execution of discrete communication activities
MONITORING AND EVALUATION
– Manage Monitoring and Evaluation and global reporting, including tracking, donor reporting, scoping out approach for external evaluations and managing consultant who conducts the evaluation
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; Master’s degree preferred
– Minimum 8 years in relevant field including financial inclusion, development etc.
– Budget management, project management, and supervisory experience preferred
– Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills
– Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in fluid environment and flat structure.
– Experience living outside of the United Stated a plus
– Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus
– Willingness to travel abroad
– Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude
– Interested in our mission and working globally.
– Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
Please apply online at: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1806/global-operations-manager%2c-smart-campaign/job