Global Partnerships Manager – Pakistan
- Greenlight Planet
- Karachi, Pakistan
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About the Organization:
Greenlight Planet is for- profit social business that develops and manufactures honest, reliable solar products designed to help people living off the electric grid. We have delivered 5 million+ life-changing solar lighting systems to the under-electrified and disaster-affected in 50+ countries. Our Sun King™ lanterns and home systems make families feel safer, enable children to study and parents to work after dark. Sun King™ has been rated as the best solar lighting product globally by IFC/World Bank, MIT, Economist, etc. and has created new benchmarks in industry standards.
About the Job:
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Partnerships Manager who will be responsible for expanding our reach in Pakistan through strategic partnerships. The Partnerships Manager will identify potential partners and cultivate relationships with decisions makers to ultimately generate sales and value-generating partnerships. The Partnerships Manager will also be responsible to represent the company at various events, engage directly with potential partners to understand their organization’s needs and assess value for everyone involved, often including distributors, retailers, MFIs, NGOs and their beneficiaries, and CSR and marketing departments.
The Partnerships Manager works as an entrepreneur, determining company objectives and customer priorities and applying strategic initiative to develop a plan to achieve customer objectives. While the Partnerships Manager will steer the strategic elements of the partnership, he/she must interact effectively with marketing, production and logistics functions in order to meet customer needs.
The Partnerships Manager should be effective at navigating political and hierarchical structure within the partner organization, establishing him/herself as a trusted advisor to multiple functions at multiple levels. The person must have exemplary business development and selling skills necessary to close deals. As potential customers and partners move towards execution, the Partnerships Manager will manage company-client interactions and act as a planner- developing a timeline and progressing through it with the client, anticipating potential stumbling blocks and addressing them swiftly. The Partnerships Manager must be skilled in maintaining long-term relationships and assessing forward-looking ways to grow and support partners.
- Mission-driven, entrepreneurial and passionate about making a significant difference in the world
- Enjoys the challenge of working independently and creatively with a fast-growing global enterprise
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within and outside the organization
- Can tell a great story; communicates clearly, effectively and could capture the interest and attention of 2 or 20 or 200 people at a time
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
- 3+ year’s of experience in business development, fund raising and developing distribution channels in Pakistan
- Worked closely with MFIs, Banks, International NGOs, etc.
- Strong operational experience either in agriculture, energy, or manufacturing processes a plus
- Willingness to travel about 10-15 days in a month or as the work demands
- Extensive experience working in Pakistan
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- The selected candidate is likely to be based out of Karachi, Pakistan
- Is fluent in English, Urdu and a regional language
Greenlight Planet is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
If this sounds like your kind of place, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Global Partnership Manager-Pakistan’ in your subject line.