- Delhi; Cape Town; USA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Interested candidates can apply directly on our website: http://grnh.se/xa52qu1
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, whip-smart, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is looking for a Global Recruiter to join our growing recruitment team, and global People Operations team, to lead Dimagi’s in and out-bound recruiting initiatives, as well as work with the Global Director of People Operations to develop and implement long-term recruiting strategies and initiatives. This position will be managed by the Global Director of People Operations. As this is a global role, candidates located in Cape Town, South Africa, New Delhi, India, Dakar, Senegal, or Boston, MA USA are highly preferred. While work hours and availability will be dependent on location and organizational needs, a special emphasis is placed on an applicant’s willingness and ability to be available to work with staff members located in the India Standard Time (IST) zone regardless of work location. Candidates must be eligible to work in the location where they are applying. This is a great opportunity for someone with extensive global recruiting experience who wants to work for an impact-focused organization, and is excited by the challenges of recruiting on a global level. Proven experience successfully recruiting out of India and in the Tech Industry are highly desired.
What You’ll Do:
1. Conduct full life-cycle recruitment for regular and proposed openings with locations in resource-constrained countries, as well as US based openings. Full life-cycle includes staffing requisition coordination, recruitment strategy development, sourcing, oversight of interview scheduling, coordination of interview assessments, oversight of reference checking, coordination for offer recommendation, and coordination for delivery of job offer.
2. Understand how to apply effective recruiting practices to both passive and active candidates to expand pipeline; profile candidates based on skills, fit and motivation to support retention objectives.
3. Identify long-term recruiting initiatives based on gaps in recruiting with the greater recruiting team, and independently manage and complete strategic projects
4. Develop a Dimagi recruitment branding strategy and attend/host recruitment events
5. Serve as a partner to People Ops and hiring managers to understand hiring needs, and build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with internal and external candidates
6. Provide creative ideas and innovative recruiting techniques to source qualified professionals. (i.e., social media, employee referrals, internal/external networks).
7. Lead recruitment discussions with Hiring Managers and interview teams to ensure complete understanding of the job requirements and qualifications needed to fill the role.
8. Ensure timely generation and updates for applicant status reports and recruitment summaries.
9. Ensure appropriate, effective and efficient information flow to stakeholders, hiring managers, colleagues, and team members for regular recruitment and proposal efforts.
10. Work closely with People Operations team to own candidate experience from initial interview through offer and ensure proper transition with People Operations colleagues from hiring process to onboarding
11. Oversee and manage the recruitment/applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
– BS/BA in Business Administration, Social Science, or related field with 7 – 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years’ experience with life-cycle recruitment
[Or] MS/MA/MBA with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years’ experience with life-cycle recruitment.
– Experience with both inbound and outbound recruiting.
– Experience in global recruitment across several industries with an emphasis on Sub-Saharan Africa, India, and the US. Proven experience successfully recruiting out of India and within the Tech Industry are highly desired.
– Extensive experience using LinkedIn Recruiter and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) such as Greenhouse.
1. Analytical and data-driven. Able to define, monitor, and analyze recruiting data in order to understand global recruiting trends, progress, and bottlenecks.
2. Fluency in French or Hindi
3. Supervisory/people management experience
Qualities and Knowledge You Must Have:
1. Able to produce, establish and maintain strong recruitment networks and working knowledge of global recruitment best practices with an emphasis on India based recruitment
2. Able to screen candidates and collaborate with hiring team to meet hiring and retention goals.
3. Works independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive workflow, may structure work of staff members.
4. Interacts with diplomacy and tact, and follow-ups on requests in timely and efficient manner.
5. Resourceful through technology, research, and relationship-building among several organization teams, units and professional organizations
6. Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Produces detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy
8. Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve using a collaborative approach with a variety of work functions and cultures.
9. Able to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment and decision-making to execute duties and responsibilities.
10. Possesses working knowledge of employment regulations, e.g. labor/employee relations statutes.
11. Comfortable participating in professional HR activities and events to stay current with HR practices.
12. Possesses working knowledge of relevant software, including Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite and Applicant Tracking Systems. Ability to learn new software tools as needed to maximize the efficiency of our recruiting.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation, and exact compensation varies based on experience. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible, including 100% employer sponsored medical insurance, retirement benefits with an employer match, a stock option plan, access to a flex time policy that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule, 30 days paid time off/holiday, 10 personal initiative days and opportunities to travel internationally to name a few. Dimagi offers additional benefits that are country office specific that will be further outlined in the interviews.