Global Sales & Marketing Director
- Mexico city / Pune, India / Nairobi / Remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply on the link to our internal platform
- Where to Apply
Global Sales & Marketing Director | Global | Flexible location
Sistema.bio is a leading social enterprise operating in Latin America, India, and Africa by bringing technology, training and financing to smallholder farmers. Headquartered in Mexico City, Sistema.bio promotes a world where waste is a resource, and farmers are empowered and productive. We manufacture, sell, install and finance our patented biodigester systems for small and medium scale farmers to convert their waste into economic, health and environmental benefits. We have reached over 30,000 farms and over 180,000 people in 30 countries with clean energy & fertilizer and are on the pathway to reduce 1% of global GHG emissions!
By the end of 2025, our goal is to have installed biodigesters for a million people with our technology where they lack access to clean, renewable, and cost-effective energy.
Sistema.bio is the 2019 Ashden Clean cooking Awards winner, 2019 Schwab World Economic Forum Fellow, 2019 United Nations SDG 7 leader, and has been recognized by Buckminster Fuller Institute, Ashoka, Endeavor and many other leading awards, organizations and partners.
You can be a part of this impact story!
Who is the Global Sales & Marketing Director at Sistema.bio
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for setting the strategic commercial goals and implementing the Sales & Marketing tactics for Sistema.bio’s 5-year growth goals.
As with many leadership positions at Sistema.bio, you will be part of a senior cross-functional and global team that engages deeply with our customers, partners, and products in all Sistema.bio 4 countries.
You´ll be in charge of:
– Strategizing and prioritizing initiatives with the CEO related to growing sales
– Building tools, processes and analysis related to commercial efficiencies (CAC)
– Implementing the answers to “what is version 2.0 of the Sistema.bio commercial growth and functions?”
– Building-out the global marketing function, demand generation, brand awareness, defining and tracking KPIs
– Evaluating our current strengths and gaps in brand marketing, demand generation, lead management (B2B and B2C), product marketing, CAC, and beyond.
– Leading the initiatives and projects that address our commercial existing gaps, thus opening up achievable pathways to our growth success.
– Using existing data generating insights on customers, markets, and products and defining high-value actions that enhance growth
– Measuring results rigorously with data and set up a clear reporting global structure
– Collaborating closely (weekly meetings, reports, etc) with our in-house communications and content management teams internally, but as well with global partners externally
– Planning and implementing the outreach strategies to various customer segments
– Coordinating and structuring our commercial teams (marketing and sales) across multiple markets.
More about YOU
– You are an experienced, senior leader with at least 7 years in a senior commercial and demand-generation related role, preferably for a big corporation or high growth startup
– The ideal candidate has an understand of best practices, structures, reporting, but as well adapts to the reality of a high-growth organization
– You have experience with:
– emerging markets: market where purchasing power per customer is low
– companies that work with “on the ground,” physical operations (versus software)
– Social media-based marketing tactics, strategy, and analytics
– Identifying and rolling out processes, A/B tests or experiments
– You love both strategic thinking and big picture thinking, but as well great execution on the ground
– You understand the dynamics of recruiting, growing, and leading a commercial team that can reach its goals
– You are analytical: you thrive presenting convincing and honest proposals based on data
– You are a true team player and great manager: you enjoy working collaboratively with cross-cultural teams
– Bonus points for you if you have some or all of the following:
– experience in emerging markets
– traveling and working internationally and cross-culturally,
– passion for social impact, climate change and/or smallholder farmers
– experience working with smallholder farmer value chains
– MBA/finance/ leadership or experience in finance
– Diverse experience prior in the commercial area prior to specializing
What it is like to work at Sistema.bio
– Entrepreneurial culture: Your ideas matter. We believe in empowering people to own their projects and be able to take responsibility for them.
– Passion and purpose: Working at Sistema.bio, you will work with a very passionate team that believes strongly in working for the social and environmental impact they want to see.
– A growing team with growing opportunities:Sistema.bio is on its way to double in size in the coming years. This growth will open new roles, new countries and a world of new opportunities! We have a roll-up-your-sleeves culture where we offer new opportunities for our team members’ careers and aspirations based on their skills, interests and aspirations.
– Time in the field with the small and medium-scale farmers: At Sistema.bio, we are passionate about understanding and serving our customers: small and medium-scale farmers. Working with Sistema.bio, we will make sure that regardless of your background, you get to spend time in the field with farmers and genuinely understand their challenges and their everyday concerns.
– We care about your career progression:We have a strong culture of training and investing in developing our people. As a Sistema.bio employee, you’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to training programs, and clear tracking of your performance and career development twice a year.
– Work-life balance: At Sistema.bio, we know you’re at your best when you’re rested and healthy. We therefore give you generous holidays options, parental leave, we pay for your health protection and give you options to work remotely when needed and possible.
– Gender Equality: Sistema.bio is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Thanks to our Gender policies and efforts women represent 57% of the Global team for example, and 27% of our overall workforce. We have flexible hours and expressing spaces for lactating mothers.
Location, travel and start date
Note that our key hubs are located in India, Latin America, and East Africa–thus a great deal of work is done across these time-zones.
– Traveling up to 30%
– Location: can be in Pune (India), Nairobi (Kenya) or CDMX (Mexico) – remote will be considered for exceptional candidates but would involve more traveling because of the role!