Government Services Associate/Manager
- One Acre Fund
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Exceptional leaders to oversee our government partnerships work in Rwanda.
Rural and city postings available in Rwanda.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
African governments have the most presence in rural communities of any entity. One Acre Fund has partnerships with three African governments and is seeking to grow these efforts and establish new partnerships to increase yields for farm families.
Our Government Services Unit does not simply write reports and drop them off at government offices – we work closely with national, regional, and local officials to improve the design of services provided by the government and to work side by side with the government in the field to ensure high quality implementation. We are seeking exceptional individuals to join this early-stage team, manage region-wide or nationwide products and services, and for top performers, become leaders of this team as we rapidly expand this work to support more farmers in new markets. This person will:
– Lead Field Implementation for Region or Country Scale Service with Government Partners. We are working with government across the continent, generating significant impact at the farmer level for hundreds of thousands of households. Example projects include:
— Redesign and Revamp National Model Farmer Program – there are hundreds of thousands of model farmers throughout SSA, often with a presence in every village. There are substantial opportunities to improve trainings, introduce basic educational materials, and enhance strategies employed in the field. We are working with African governments to improve model farmers systems, already reaching over half a million farmers to increase harvests each season.
— Enhance Farmer Education and Extension Agent Field Strategies – government employ tens of thousands of qualified extension agents with nationwide coverage in many markets. Despite this impressive coverage, many farmers continue to lack basic agricultural information and produce meager harvest each season. We are working with African governments to update the information which the extension system is disseminating to farmers, improve the delivery of this information at the village level, and promote adoption of best agricultural practices.
— Design and Field Execution of Subsidies and Input Distribution Services – governments are the biggest distributors of essential agricultural inputs in most countries. We are partnering with several governments to distribute a third of all inputs in these countries. We are also improving subsidy programs and other distribution systems to improve access and adoption of these critical resources at the village level.
– Manage Key Government Relationships – develop and manage relationships with Ministry level officials and other important government officials at the national and regional level.
– Develop Strategies and Push Innovation – design trials to test ideas to improve services for farmers. For products and services which prove to be impactful for farmers, we will scale these efforts to regional and national levels.
– Build a Team – hire, develop, and lead a team to effectively execute in the field.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking 5+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
– Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
– Demonstrated passion for cultivating relationships with public and private sector actors.
– Experience developing innovative ideas and opportunities. We are seeking and entrepreneur at heart.
– Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
– Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
– Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
– Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates
No, candidates must have existing work authorization in Rwanda.
To apply, please visit the follow link and complete the application on our website. http://grnh.se/3i7s0j1