Grant Proposal Writer
- Job Type
- Short-term, Contract
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and availability for assignments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Grant Proposal Writer” by May 28, 2021.
- Where to Apply
- email email@example.com
Who Acceso is:
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a pioneering social business builder that brings entrepreneurial solutions to global poverty. Acceso, formerly known as the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership, was co-founded by philanthropist Frank Giustra and President Clinton in 2007. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Their pioneering entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper. Acceso currently operates a portfolio of three social businesses in Colombia, Haiti and El Salvador. Across their agribusinesses, they have impacted more than 15,000 smallholder farmers and farm workers, generating more than $55m in farmer income to date. Acceso has plans for replicating its model across Latin America and the Caribbean.
The development team at Acceso leads new business and grant proposal development for bids that generate increased impact and revenue for Acceso from funders such as the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and others. They collaborate with their country teams and experts to design new and innovative expansions and projects to deliver on Acceso’s mission to create fundamental and lasting economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families.
They are launching this call for consultants to fill specific opportunities for grant proposals for El Salvador and Colombia, as well as develop a roster of professional proposal writers that they can work with for future opportunities down the road.
Who Acceso is looking for:
Grant Proposal Writers with experience serving as a lead technical writer in response to solicitations from USAID and other public funders. The Grant Proposal Writer will work closely with Acceso Proposal Managers and Technical Leads to design and develop technical program narratives and other proposal sections as requested (executive summary, management plan, organization capacity, monitoring and evaluation plan, implementation plan, etc.). Grant Proposal Writers will have demonstrated experience writing winning competitive proposals, will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of public funder trends and priorities, and will have a strong background in economic development areas of agriculture, food processing, and/or entrepreneurship.
· Support the development of competitive technical applications in response to solicitations by contributing to the technical design
· Lead the drafting of key technical proposal sections and other sections as needed
· In collaboration with the Proposal Manager, identify and persuasively articulate win themes in the technical application
· Participate in bid team, partner, and stakeholder meetings as needed; conduct desk research as needed
· Proven track record of writing and/or supporting successful proposals in response to USAID and other public funder solicitations
· Demonstrated experience in project design in the international development arena; previous field-based project management experience
· Excellent technical writing and editing skills
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Ability to perform under pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple assignments in deadline-driven, multi-cultural environment, and strong attention to detail
· Knowledge of the international development donor landscape and donor priorities in Latin America and the Caribbean
· Experience in agricultural development/agribusiness or economic growth/enterprise development
· Fluency in English required
· Ability to use and aptitude for Results-Based Management/Logical Framework approaches preferred
· Past experience writing successful USAID GDA, NOFO and DIV proposals, as well as experience with IDB and other large multi-lateral or bi-lateral organizations
· Passionate about market-led approaches to helping the poor improve their livelihoods
· Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred; additional language skills in French are desirable
· Experience with and/or knowledge of cost proposal development preferred
Please note we are seeking consultants to support developing proposals in El Salvador and Colombia in June and July 2021, however if not available at this time, we are also interested in adding qualified consultants to our roster for future proposals.