- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Full time
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 250,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $42 million in fuel expenditures and 726,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
We are seeking an experienced in-house graphic designer to lead graphic design work for our brand. This includes packaging, internal communication, above the line marketing, printed materials, and more. The right candidate will have excellent design skills; be able to offer creative direction and ideas; is proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. We are not only looking for a good technician, but also a creative who understands the BURN aesthetic. You will be the sole designer on the team. We are seeking someone who can take ideas from engineers and sales execs and turn it into beautiful brand art. You should have an understanding of cutting edge international design.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Be the lead creative and designer on our team. WOW us with your creative abilities.
• Design billboards, brochures, posters, packaging, bumper stickers, print ads, and more.
• Design internal communications, templates for presentations, newsletters, and factory signage.
• Help maintain and modify updates on company web site.
• Liaise with printers on production and take the lead on press checks.
• Carry out additional graphic design work on an as needed basis.
• Assist in motion graphics when needed.
• A comprehensive portfolio of past work on consumer goods products and experience designing media pieces for above-the-line-marketing.
• College Degree.
• 3-5 year’s work experience as a graphic designer.
• A comprehensive understanding of designing for a brand that is competing at an international level.
• Although not essential, preference will be given to candidates who have experience in Website design and management.
Send any applications to firstname.lastname@example.org