Green Growth Advisor
- Enclude Ltd.
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- To apply, please send by e-mail:•a short letter, detailing your motivation, capability and expectations for this position •your CV, detailing your work experience Please send above by email to Paul Stussgen firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 1st of July 2015. Selected candidates will receive a more detailed information package on the project, the position and the conditions offered for consideration, and will be invited to an interview after confirming availability and interest.
Scope of Work – Green Growth Advisor
The PEPE Green Growth Advisor, based in Ethiopia, will be responsible for the design and implementation of green growth strategies integral to achieving PEPE Programme objectives.
The Green Growth Advisor will:
- Spend 50 % of his/her time on intervention management as part of the Finance/investment team and 50 % purely on Green Growth advisory work
- Work closely with the priority sector (agro-industrial) value chain specialists and intervention managers to identify green growth opportunities and risks, and approaches to acting on such, in each of the agro-industrial sectors covered by PEPE (horticulture, cotton/textile, and livestock/leather);
- Take the lead in operationalizing the green growth strategy as defined in the inception report; develop internal proposals for promoting green investments in the priority sectors in cooperation with the sector leads and component leads; and implement them;
- Build effective partnerships with green product and service providers in the private sector (eg. green farm input suppliers, technical suppliers of clean technologies, energy audit or environmental performance scan service providers), as well as with governmental organizations and sector platforms;
- Develop partnerships with strategic green growth partners, review proposals and manage contracts with sub?grantees;
- Promote functional collaboration with other stakeholders, projects and development partners to strengthen greening of the selected value chains;
- Provide input to annual and quarterly work plans and activity reports, and to monitoring & evaluation reports.
University degree in a relevant field, such as business, development finance, development studies or environmental management. A minimum of 7 years of working experience (excluding internships and traineeships), of which at least 3 years must be in emerging markets/developing countries, in the field of green growth. Applicants with less than 7 years of relevant experience will not be considered.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience, of which at least 3 years in emerging markets/developing countries in the field of green growth;
- Familiarity with at least one of the following sectors/industries is an advantage: livestock, leather, horticulture (fruits and vegetables), cotton , textiles and garments;
- Experience in any agro-industrial value chain;
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial approach with proven experience in and passion for green business and driving to innovative solutions;
- Experience with market development programs in developing countries, preferably experience with the M4P “making markets work for the poor” approach;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, experience working in multicultural teams;
- Experience working with the private sector, preferably with investors;
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to be based in Addis Ababa and regularly travel to other regions in Ethiopia for approximately 2 years;
- Hands-on experience in promoting green investments in PEPE priority areas of horticulture, livestock/leather and cotton/textiles is a strong plus;
- Work experience in Ethiopia is an asset.
To apply, please send by e-mail:
- a short letter, detailing your motivation, capability and expectations for this position
- your CV, detailing your work experience
Please send above by email to Paul Stussgen firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 1st of July 2015. Selected candidates will receive a more detailed information package on the project, the position and the conditions offered for consideration, and will be invited to an interview after confirming availability and interest.
Levels of responsibility and salary are commensurate with background and experience.
Expected start date is mid-August 2015.
Enclude (encludesolutions.com) is an advisory firm dedicated to building inclusive and prosperous local economies. We provide integrated capacity and capital services that help clients and partners design, connect, finance and build solutions that generate business results and positive social and environmental outcomes.
Enclude’s committed professionals work in five registered offices (Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, Pakistan, India) and in project locations across the world, including Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and Central Asia.