Grounds for Empowerment (GFE) Program Associate
- Social Enterprise @ Goizueta Business School
- Atlanta, GA
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Grounds for Empowerment
Social Enterprise @ Goizueta (SE@G), a research center within Emory University’s Goizueta School of Business, applies business acumen and market-based solutions to achieve meaningful and enduring societal impacts. Our mission is to make markets work for more people, in more places, in more ways.
SE@G is hiring a Program Associate Fellow for the Grounds for Empowerment (GFE) program. GFE is one of the specialty coffee programs powered by SE@G. GFE provides women specialty coffee farmers in Latin America the market connections and business know-how that allow them to reach their full economic potential. Our three-year incubator program supports these women as they transform promising coffee farms into prosperous small businesses.
The Program Associate’s overall role will be to support the development, operations, and execution of the GFE Program. The position is designed as an 18-24 month Fellowship experience for those entering the social sector after completing their undergraduate studies.
Project assignments and tasks will vary based on the season/semester. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement communications plans (including content/materials/social media) to connect University-based networks (around metro Atlanta) with GFE;
• Develop and manage sales plans for GFE Coffee (roughly 3,000 pounds of roasted coffee per year);
• Prepare and distribute budgets and other reports pertaining to program sales and expenditures;
• Coordinate coffee sales orders with roasting partner and other key customers (individuals and buyers club groups);
• Plan and manage engagement and awareness events in partnership with student volunteers on the Emory campus and in the local Atlanta community;
• Recruit and manage student volunteers and interns;
• Develop and maintain stakeholder contact information, basic website templates, digital newsletters and other promotional materials;
• Assist in the development and implementation of program initiatives which may include the preparation of project plans, reports, correspondence and other documents;
• Plan and coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel assignments;
• Perform research projects as needed
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
• Knowledge of social media, communications, sales and marketing leading practices;
• Understanding of basic business principles including sales and marketing;
• Familiarity with women empowerment along with economic and international development principles;
• Project management skills, including balancing multiple projects/varying timelines, prioritization, and attention to detail
• Willingness to engage to diverse community members and partners
• Ability to work in flexible manner which balances short term actions with understanding of the longer term goals and strategy
• Basic Spanish conversation skills
The position will report to the GFE Program Manager. Additional assignments may involve the SE@G Managing Director and/or Academic Director based on interests and abilities of the candidate and the evolving needs of the programs.
Because this position is designed as a springboard to a social sector career, the Program Associate will also have ongoing access to the two SE@G Professionals in Residence for professional development and mentorship.
The Program Associate will work from the SE@G office located within the Goizueta Business School at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. It is expected that the salary for this position will be $34,200 per year.
The position also includes funds to travel up to two conferences per year, for employee and project development and networking.
• SE@G Program Associate Fellow positions are designed for new entrants into the job market. Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate program in or after the Spring of 2017. Those expecting to graduate in Spring 2018 are also eligible.
• Applicants should demonstrate both a passion and interest in social sector careers. This may include some combination of prior related coursework, extracurricular activities, and employment (including internships) and/or volunteer experiences.
• This position is designed to be 18-24 months and to accelerate entry into social sector careers; applicants should have a clear idea of their broader career aspirations in the social sector.
• Candidates must have ability to work in the U.S.
Interested individuals should complete the following by March 31, 2018.
1. Complete brief application survey questionnaire at: https://emory.qualtrics.com/
2. Visit Emory HR’s job site to provide additional information and upload cover letter and resume. Please visit http://www.hr.emory.edu/
The Program Associate will ideally start on or around June 1, 2018.
Note: The survey link is currently open and will close on March 31, 2018. We will be reviewing completed applications on a rolling basis. Short-listed applicants will be contacted to schedule phone interviews. We will make our final decision based on survey questionnaire response, resume, interview(s), and reference feedback.