Group Chief Financial Officer
- The Fargo Group
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- For those interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to Mehndi Shivdasani at email@example.com. With cc Reynold Owuor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where to Apply
About The Fargo Group
The Fargo Group was incorporated in 1977, initially providing dedicated, specialist professional security services to the banking sector and other financial institutions in Nairobi city and environs. The Fargo Group has since grown to become a leading corporate security and protection solution provider, offering premium services to major private and public organizations countrywide.
The company offers its customers a host of services across multiple business lines, such as security services (technology and manpower) for cash in transit, cash vaults, vehicle tracking, contract logistics, freight forwarding, customs clearance, and last-mile transportation. The group owns the largest fleet of vehicles in Kenya.
You can find more information on the company by visiting their website.
About the Role
The Group Chief Financial Officer (GCFO) is accountable for the company’s financial and risk management operations. This includes developing a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The GCFO will lead the implementation of the SAP S/4HANA ERP system across the company. Additionally, s/he will provide leadership and coordination in the company’s business planning, accounting, financial analysis, financial reporting, and budgeting e orts. S/he will develop and institutionalize the Finance Department and develop the team.
The Group CFO position reports to the MD and functionally to the board.
● Develop and monitor performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction, profitability and growth.
● Develop financial and tax strategies.
● Oversee and efficiently manage capital expenditure planning and requests.
● Coordinate the preparation of annual budgeting processes.
● Lead the deployment of SAP S/4HANA across the company.
● Implement operational best practices.
● Assess and manage any third-party partners/vendors to which accounting or other finance functions have been outsourced.
● Manage the accounting, investor and banking relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
● Supervise the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
● Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems.
● Maintain relationships with key CAPEX and OPEX suppliers.
● Provide oversight to ensure compliance with local and international reporting requirements and ensure taxes are determined on a timely basis and paid in line with local regulation.
● Work with Executive Management on periodical cost management and revenue growth decisions.
● Lead the due diligence and acquisition process, where applicable.
Financial Reporting and Analytics:
● Lead the preparation and timely issuance of financial reports and information. Additionally, provide the Executive Management team with insights/recommendations on potential changes to improve operational efficiencies.
● Ensure the maintenance of appropriate, timely financial records and audits as well as statutory book closing.
● Oversee working capital and cash flow management, including reporting cash forecasts.
● Anticipate and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
● Assess and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
● Ascertain that the company uses appropriate insurance coverage.
● Make sure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
● Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
● Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
Leadership and Management:
● Lead and mentor the existing finance team as well as oversee and manage their overall performance.
● Develop structures to build and train an effective finance team.
● Maintain in-depth relations with all other department heads.
● Participate in key decision-making processes as a member of the Executive Management team.
Does this sound like you?
● 10+ years of experience handling financial management, accounting, reporting, financial analysis and planning.
● Deep understanding of and experience in rolling out SAP ERP system particularly SAP S/4HANA or SAP ECC 6.0.
● At least 5 years of experience working at an executive level leading and managing large complex employee groups across either the logistics/security/manufacturing/retail/service sectors.
● Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical, financial data into informative reports.
● Experience in formulating, developing, and implementing financial strategies and plans.
● Hands-on leader who is capable of detail-oriented execution and capable of thinking strategically and providing high-level direction to the organization.
● Exceptional written and oral communications skills.
● Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency.
● A deep understanding of the Kenyan financial, legal & tax regulatory environments and experience dealing with international accounting and legal frameworks such as IFRS.
● Experience with managing and reporting on complex projects, managing risk, and ensuring value for money.
● Track record of advising senior management and providing technical support concerning best practices in financial management, aiming to support strategic business goals.