Growth and Investment Strategy Consultant
- Agora Partnerships
- Santiago, Chile
- Job Type
- Full-time, contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
ABOUT AGORA PARTNERSHIPS
Agora Partnerships’ purpose is to accelerate the shift to a sustainable economy by unleashing the potential of entrepreneurs who are building purpose-driven companies that create social and environmental impact throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Agora Partnerships accomplishes this through the Agora Accelerator Program, its consulting program designed to provide entrepreneurs with access to the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses and their impact. Since 2011, the Agora Accelerator has served over 240 companies from 21 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, and has catalyzed more than US$85 million in investment. Learn more at www.agora2030.org.
We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to solve the world’s greatest challenges, such as climate change, poverty, inequality, and others as outlined in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Yet, too many entrepreneurs face nearly insurmountable odds. We are committed to leveling the playing field for entrepreneurs by finding innovative ways to drive investment and support into the people and ideas that will make our world a better place.
As a Consultant you will be an integral member of Agora’s Growth Programs Team, providing growth, impact and investment strategy consulting to growth-stage social enterprises in Latin America per program cycle. Not only will you be a Consultant, but you will be an advisor, strategist, connector, community builder, friend and executor to help purpose-driven entrepreneurs access the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses. Additionally, your work will be critical for building efficient early-stage capital markets and helping impact investors address their barriers. The companies we support are growing and seeking capital, often in areas of sustainable agriculture, clean energy, ethical fashion, health, education, and technology for impact.
Consultants form the core of the Agora Program, advising companies on growth and investment strategy. Operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, Consultants work with the Accelerator Team and have significant responsibility, autonomy, and opportunity to lead consulting engagements and contribute to the growth of Agora.
This is a 1 year contract starting January 7, 2018. The Accelerator is delivered across several cycles per year, each consulting phase lasting approx. 2 months.
Consultant onboarding will take place between January 7 and January 28. The Growth Programs Team will afterwards be engaged in Bootcamps in Santiago, Chile (Jan 29-31, Feb 26-28 and tentatively Mar 5-7).
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant’s primary role is to lead growth and investment strategy consulting with growing social businesses in Latin America. Consultants also support strategic initiatives and get involved in Bootcamp content delivery.
The role is designed for passionate change-makers who want to lead strategic consulting with social businesses and co-create investable opportunities throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. It includes being:
• Primary Consultant on impact, growth and investment strategy for a portfolio of approx. three growth stage Latin America social enterprises per Program cycle. Note: there will be 3+ program cycles in 2019.
• Bootcamp Facilitator for Bootcamps planned in Chile in the first 1-2 quarters of 2019, having the following themes (Investor Pitch, Growth, Fast Track Investment Preparedness)
• Strategic involvement into programmatic areas such as Product Innovation, Consulting Approach, Ecosystem Development etc. Note: specific project(s) and time dedicated will be defined based on your preferences and Agora priority areas.
Consultants work with their portfolio companies to create a customized consulting approach, founded on Agora’s consulting methodology, in order to address the specific challenges of each company. While the consulting is a mix of virtual and in-person interaction, a major effort is made to match Consultants to companies located nearby. Consultants also have a modest travel stipend to visit portfolio companies.
We seek outstanding candidates with the strategic business and problem-solving skills necessary to help high-potential companies throughout Latin America grow their businesses. The following qualifications are required:
• Approximately 5 to 7 years of work experience related to management consulting, capital advisory or investment, venture capital, financial management, and/or business strategy;
• Postgraduate degree in business, economics, international development or other related degree or equivalent professional experience;
• Experience building strategic growth plans, financial modeling, or creating investor communications;
• Experience managing projects and working with clients;
• Experience working with start-up businesses in emerging markets;
• International work experience;
• Fluency in English or Spanish, with professional working capacity in both languages;
• Experience working in social entrepreneurship or impact investing a plus.
Ideal candidates exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. Though there is no single “ideal” professional profile for this position, we do seek the following qualifications in a candidate:
• Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
• Comfort with ambiguity, adaptability and ability to work collaboratively in a small, dynamic organization;
• Curious mind, with a strong eagerness to learn and continuously improve his/her performance and;
• Good time management and attention to details;
• Ability to self-manage and execute on multiple projects at once;
• Sense of joy and humor.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Agora Partnerships provides Consultants the following:
• Monthly Consultant stipend of USD 2,000 to cover cost of living; as a Consulting Fellowship and professional development opportunity, this is a stipend based position. Note: Mid-year 2019, your performance will be evaluated and based on results achieved, you could be subject to promotion to Sr. Consultant level.
• Comfortable workspace in a local co-working space;
• Air travel, airport transfers baggage fees in the case of relocation to Chile;
• Air/Ground travel, reimbursement of any travel visa(s) incurred, modest stipend supporting portfolio company visits;
• International travel emergency medical insurance when outside home country;
• Access to Agora’s professional networks (e.g. ANDE, Sistema B etc.); opportunities to attend networking events and industry conferences;
• 14 days/year paid vacation time plus locally recognized national holidays.
To apply, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 19 with CONSULTANT – [YOUR NAME] in the email title.
• Up-to date resume;
• Linkedin profile link
• 2 min video – in which we would appreciate if you could answer one question from each section below. The response to one question should be in English and the response to the other question in Spanish. Please indicate which question you are answering at the start of response 2).
a) 1 min explaining WHY you are excited for this opportunity and HOW you can apply your skills and experience to best serve entrepreneurs in Latin America;
b) 1 min in which you can choose between the following 2 questions:
o Share how you are looking to grow professionally in this opportunity
o Describe a person that has been important in your professional development and how they impacted you.
Please submit your resume, Linkedin profile and the ~2 min video by EOD Monday, November 19, 2018. For the video please include a URL link on Youtube or Vimeo (in case you set any password to access the video, please include it in the email submission with the link). The video doesn’t need to be professionally produced; phone or laptop camera would be great.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or if you have any difficulty sending us your complete information.