Growth and Marketing Associate
- Dobility, Inc.
- Washington, District of Columbia, United States
- Job Type
- Contact Information
We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to join our efforts to grow our business and achieve our social mission. Although we are a small, lean, and early-stage social enterprise, our product, SurveyCTO, has already been used by thousands of teams in roughly 150 countries. This position offers the opportunity to play a critical role on the growth team to identify and generate opportunities, manage our CRM, and execute marketing activities.
Candidates should be committed to Dobility’s mission of providing great technology to improve data for research, social, and public sector organizations. Professionals with a talent for sales, product marketing, and the desire to have a hands-on role on an energetic start-up are encouraged to apply.
– Research: Conduct and report research on growth opportunities (existing and prospective organizations); the competitive landscape; social media influencers; marketing opportunities and channels; as well as relevant publications and current events within the field research and international development space.
– Knowledge Management: Manage our CRM which includes daily data entry and cleaning, record organization, and report generation.
– Marketing: Collaborate with growth team on drafting, editing, formatting, and distributing marketing materials and key messaging via social media platforms, email campaigns, video tutorials, website updates, blogs, external professional forums, presentation decks (PPT), and written collateral.
– Social Media: Write content and schedule social media content on a variety of platforms according to the strategic marketing plan. Create opportunities for direct outreach, unique engagement activities, respond to direct messages on all platforms, conduct follower and influencer research, and continue to grow Dobility’s online presence.
– Front-line Sales and Inquiries: Respond to sales emails from prospective and current users and follow up on qualified leads. Appropriately research and document each exchange to keep our CRM up to date.
– Operations: Execute administrative and operational tasks for office management, finance, and travel.
– Project Tracking and Reporting: For each project, track and report all results regularly to Director of Marketing and Strategic Engagement.
This position is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area with limited travel. Particularly for those with longer commutes, flexible office and telecommuting schedules are possible.
About the organization:
Dobility, the company behind SurveyCTO, was founded by Dr. Christopher Robert, an early tech entrepreneur and CTO who left technology to live overseas, train in economics and public policy, then research and teach at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. His experience on the ground made him realize that the research and development sectors badly needed better technology to gather and manage data. Dobility’s mission is to help ensure that high-quality data is affordable, so that more decisions are based on good data (vs. bad data or no data).
Dobility differentiates itself in the market by providing unmatched reliability, affordability, and customer support. It is a fast-moving company with a motivated team that has spent time in the field to understand customers’ pain points first-hand.
About the product:
SurveyCTO is a survey and data-collection platform designed for the specific demands of doing research in developing countries and other challenging settings. It can be used online or offline, on web, tablet, or phone. Most often it’s used by surveyors in the field to perform guided interviews with survey respondents (“Computer Assisted Personal Interviews”). It protects against fraud by recording how long surveys take, audio recording when suspicious behavior is flagged, and employing statistical algorithms to look for anomalies in the data. It’s also an extraordinarily flexible platform that allows for advanced survey logic, pre-loading existing data into survey questions, and automatically merging incoming data into back-office applications like Excel.
SurveyCTO has been used to collect over three million survey submissions in roughly 150 countries by organizations such as the World Bank, Save the Children, Clinton Health Access Initiative, Innovations for Poverty Action, and many others. You can see other examples of organizations we work with on our website.
– Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal.
– Excited to learn Dobility’s business by doing.
– Ability to execute multiple projects – short and long-term – in an organized and timely manner.
– Fast learner, able to both independently problem-solve and work collaboratively.
– Detail-oriented (e.g., cares that complement and compliment are different things).
– Obsessive about doing high-quality work.
– Preference for working in a fast-paced start-up environment and being part of a fun, energetic team.
– Passionate about improving the world through one’s work.
– Experience with WordPress, MailChimp, Salesforce, Hootsuite, and social media platforms is a plus.
– Knowledge and experience working in a start-up, technology company, and/or international field research a plus.
The salary range is $40,000 to $60,000 plus benefits packages, including health insurance and 401(k). The specifics will depend on the applicant’s level of prior experience.