GSBI Online Program Manager
- Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- For a full job description and an opportunity to apply, please visit: https://jobs.scu.edu/postings/3736
The Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Santa Clara University seeks a Program Manager for its Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI®) Online program. GSBI Online offers capacity development programs for social entrepreneurs to improve their business skills and help them build strong, sustainable businesses.
The GSBI Program Manager will provide strategic direction for GSBI Online and define and implement plans to ensure successful execution. This person is responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of the program, from defining the curriculum, sourcing participants, monitoring the progress of the participants as the program progresses, and providing post-program analysis and wrap-up. The GSBI Program Manager is also responsible for monitoring and documenting program operations and making recommendations for program improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic direction and create implementation plans for the GSBI Online program
• Review and update the curriculum for each iteration of the program(s)
• Work with staff, GSBI partners, and social entrepreneurs directly to source applicants for the program. Coordinate the applicant review process and the selection of program participants.
• Collaborate with the Mentor Network Director on the pairing of mentors to program participants
• Provide program updates (written and verbal) for program sponsors
• Monitor trends in social entrepreneurship to ensure the ongoing relevancy of GSBI programs. Contribute to the development of strategic goals for GSBI and to the ongoing refinement of all GSBI programs.
• Recommend and plan specific events needed for the successful execution of GSBI Online and for the success of other GSBI activities
• Administer the online collaboration platform; provide technical support to program participants in use of the online collaboration platform
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s in Business Administration degree or similar coursework preferred
• At least one year of experience in the field of social enterprise
• A minimum of two years progressively responsible work experience, including program management activities
• Ability to work effectively with social entrepreneurs, volunteer mentors, staff of other social enterprise accelerators, and other members of the social enterprise ecosystem.
• Experience living and working in the developing world, ideally working directly with a social enterprise, preferred
• Experience participating in, or working in, a capacity development training program desirable
• Excellent organizational skills and follow-through; ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced multicultural environment