Guatemala Operations Director
- Adelante Shoe Co.
- Antigua, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Our team is hungry to continue scaling up our production and impact generated in the community. We are looking for someone who shares our love of the grind, changing the game in both the footwear industry and social enterprise space.
Role: Guatemala Operations Director
“Deliver the right product at the right price at the right time.”
The Guatemala Operations Director will work primarily with Adelante’s CFO to manage Guatemala operations and production as Adelante scales its production capacities. The role is based in Pastores, Guatemala, just outside of Antigua.
Key Areas: Sourcing and Logistics, Team & Workflow Management, Legal and Accounting, International Collaboration
Sourcing and Logistics
● Manage order fulfillment, craftsmen workflow, and shipping logistics
● Develop relationships with raw material providers to source the best possible materials
● Monitor and manage raw material and product inventory
● Travel to the source to scout materials
● Oversee inventory management
● Provide leadership to team Guatemala (craftsmen, admin, management)
● Work closely with production manager to ensure that production runs smoothly and production goals are met
● Work with production manager to refine and implement recruitment process for onboarding new shoemakers
● Work with the production manager to develop trainings for new craftsmen
● Implement product development efforts, working with designer and craftsmen
Legal and Accounting
● Oversee accounting activities, including payroll in Guatemala.
● Work with our Guatemala legal team to ensure proper structures as business grows.
● Work closely with US team on customer service to make sure our customers are notified throughout the process of their shoes being made
● Manage process of cobbler-to-customer connection
● Reduce cost of goods sold (COGS) over time in accordance with Adelante objectives
● Work closely with US team to develop strategic plan to scale up production capacity
● Work with CFO and US accounting to improve budget and financial controls
Characteristics and Skills
● Elite problem solver and multitasker
● Works efficiently and very well under pressure
● Strong project manager
● Excellent interpersonal communicator
● Creative and motivated to grow Adelante’s impact
● Understands artisan production and leather supply chains
● Microsoft Office competency
● Basic accounting skills
● Experience living/working in Latin America
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
High written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish. Native Spanish speaker preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED