Head of Customer Experience – Uganda
- FINCA - Brightlife
- Kampala, Uganda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
How to Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and brief cover letter or email introducing yourself with the subject line: Head of Customer Experience
BrightLife is looking for an energetic, creative and disciplined Customer Experience leader to set the vision and strategy for this new department, while building out a high-performing team, tools, and work plan. You will lead and motivate the entire organization to provide a world-class customer experience and build customer loyalty and engagement. Using customer insights and engagement, you will own and continuously evolve the customer experience strategy and standards for the organization and will directly develop and manage the call center, logistics team, after-sales support and service network, and customer insights functions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
In this senior management position with direct reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
• Creative development: Develop and continuously improve BrightLife’s call center, after-sales and customer-insights functions from the ground up using industry-wide best practices.
• Proactive and innovative decision making: Apply research and data analytics to improve the customer experience and bring new insights to leadership and staff. Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
• Building an exceptional team: Grow, train, manage and lead a high-performing call center, logistics, after sales and customer insights team who adhere to BrightLife values and standards and put the customer first.
• Building an exceptional function: Set up and manage the tools and processes required for the Customer Experience Team to perform their daily responsibilities (e.g. customer relationship management system, PBX telephony, service ticket management, inventory and logistics management tools).
• Resource management: Create forecasts, budgets, planning tools and performance standards to direct and coordinate resources for the Customer Experience team. Measure and monitor efficacy and efficiency of resources, and adjust plans and resources accordingly.
• Sharing insights: Continuously improve modes of customer engagement and reporting; Analyze customer data and department performance indicators to take decisions and provide insights and solution-orientated feedback to senior stakeholders, other departments, and external partners.
• Thoughtful business development: Work with senior management to create and maximize opportunities for customer engagement, cross-selling, up-selling, referrals, increased customer loyalty, and greater customer lifetime value.
• Promote excellence: Provide oversight and ensure consistency among the Customer Experience team. Improve and reinforce customer experience standards across the organization with effective quality assurance practices.
• Executive level leadership: Serve as a strategic leader for the organization, reinforce a customer-centric culture, and live out organizational values.
• Have at least five years of experience in customer experience, of which at least two should be at a management level at a leading company
• Proven experience managing and motivating a large and growing team to
• Strong data analysis skills; confident using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel to collect, analyze and present sets of data. Comfortable presenting analysis, insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders
• Degree-holder, ideally in a related field such as sales, marketing or business administration
• International experience is desirable, especially within other African markets. Knowledge of the local business context is an asset, particularly as relates to B2C sales, financial services, mobile money and telecommunications
• Experience in workforce management, customer journey mapping, human-centered design, business analysis and business process modeling highly desired
• Experience in configuration, implementation and management of customer experience software solutions and PBX telephony is highly desired
• Fluency in Luganda or another widely-spoken local language highly desired
• Enterprising and flexible, with an aptitude for innovation and using instinct and logic to bring forth creative solutions to big challenges
• A hands-on executive, energized by working directly with employees, agents and clients
• A decisive and emotionally intelligent leader with strong communication skills and the ability to create a culture of excellence, teamwork and inclusion within your department
• Empathic and customer-centric, with the ability to see the journey from the customer’s perspective and the intuition to go beyond survey results and data to truly understand the customer
• Understands the needs of a growing social enterprise, with an ability to navigate ambiguity and juggle multiple tasks, and a willingness to perform duties beyond the scope of work
• Skilled at negotiation, listening, influencing others and building relationships of trust and respect
• Strong fit to BrightLife’s values, and committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision
BrightLife, a FINCA International company, is a social enterprise which combines innovative financing, community networks, and the highest quality clean energy brands to improve lives for the BOP and unlock the productive potential of Ugandans. BrightLife actively seeks out the best-in-class renewable energy products from both proven and up-and-coming brands. Our product line includes a growing range of solar home systems, entry-level solar lights, solar appliances, and clean cook stoves which can be purchased in pay-as-you-go installments, and are sold through a network of direct sales agents, community networks, and strategically selected distribution partners.
BrightLife is uniquely linked to the FINCA International family of social enterprises, which includes 21 financial institutions across four world regions and more than 30 years of experience in reaching underserved communities and individuals. FINCA’s financial service operations in Africa span DR Congo, Malawi, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.