Head of Customer Service
- Taptap Send
- London, UK or Brussels, Belgium
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please apply directly on our website using the link provided. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Where to Apply
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Their product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, they’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. They’re live in seven European countries, and they support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. They’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, they are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Their team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels and they pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — their team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue their rapid growth, they’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about their mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. They have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and they were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100”.
As Head of Customer Service, you will be in charge of leading and growing a first-in-class customer support team, as they look to scale their team to meet the demand of their growing customer base. You’ll lead the creation and implementation of their overall customer service strategy. An experienced leader, you know how to motivate a large team, as well as have experience managing remote workers globally.
You’re highly analytical and love diving into the numbers to understand drivers of performance. You have a strong record of scaling large teams and are excited by working in a fast paced environment. You are eager to contribute to their mission to make the UN Sustainable Development Goal a reality by bringing cross-border remittance costs down.
1) Provide strategic leadership — you’ll know their customer journey inside-and-out and use this to find opportunities to improve customer experience, whether it’s through identifying new tools to use, service policies to roll out, systems to implement, or channels to open. You’ll ensure team goals meet business objectives, create scalable customer support processes and playbooks, and steer the team through a time of rapid growth.
2) Oversee operational management — you’ll provide day-to-day management of their CS team of 35+ staff and counting. This includes building and mentoring a team to support their customers across the globe, leading workforce management to ensure performance metrics are met, coordinating budget decisions, and continually working towards process improvements within the team.
3) Use data to drive management decisions — you’ll dig deep into the data for insights on customer satisfaction. You will build data-driving systems to ensure accurate reporting of call centre, perform ad hoc analysis, and monitor team performance.
4) Be the voice of the customer — you’ll collaborate cross functionally to identify alignment between departments and identify customer insights to identify product improvements.
1) Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
2) Experience supervising a customer service function in a senior leadership position with a consistent record of supervising a robust, multi-channel customer service team across multiple countries. Strong preference for past experience at a startup, FinTech, or technology-first company
3) Proficiency in analysing and interpreting data via business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Mode). Working knowledge of Zendesk is ideal
4) Excellent communicator, including experience communicating at the C-Suite level
5) ‘No task too small’ mentality and willingness to delve into gritty details to get things done
6) Fluent English required. French, ideally. German, Italian, Asian or Middle Eastern languages are also a plus
7) Previous experience in leading customer service expansion efforts into new geographies a strong plus
8) Right to work in the UK, or Belgium
-Competitive salary (based on experience)
-25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
-Employer pension contributions
-Regular team events
-Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
-Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
-Work from home desk stipend
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.