Head of Finance & Operations
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
TICAH is a feminist organization that works to promote health, equitable relationships, and community action. We dream of societies where barriers to equitable health and social outcomes are removed including for the most marginalized populations. We work towards this dream by seeking to enhance the positive links between health and cultural knowledge, practices, beliefs and artistic expression. We believe that culture shapes health, that beauty is powerful, that expression is activism and that stories have something to teach.
Our work involves Listening and Co-Creation of interventions with communities, creation of Safe Spaces for Values Clarification and Training of Trainers; We also have strong programming in Advocacy and Celebration where we raise our voices to advocate for better laws, policies and practices to protect rights, access to holistic health services, freedom of expression, sexual & reproductive health & rights.
We celebrate the beauty and diversity of ideas, ethnicities, religions, sexuality, music, art, genders, indigenous cultures, and traditions as expressions of a healthy society.
Our 4 main programs are;
● Our Bodies, Our Choices, a SRH program encouraging more honest and healthy approaches to sexual life through curricula, trainings, peer discussions and a hotline. With like-minded organizations we advocate for key issues incl. comprehensive sexuality education and access to safe legal abortion.
● Healthy Households working with households to prevent illness and stay healthy by teaching practical, affordable, and sustainable practices by focusing on food and herbal remedies.
● Art with Heart Working with artists to ensure that the sector thrives and that art is valued for its ability to elevate marginalized voices and ideas, support healing from trauma and advocate for change.
● Indigenous Knowledge and Culture Working closely with cultural practitioners and elders to bring positive indigenous knowledge and culture into holistic health and solving community challenges.With a team of 18, TICAH’s work has impacted over 120,000 people in increasing knowledge, agency and access to health services and fundamental rights. TICAH coordinates a regional network (MAMA Network) with over 35 grassroots organizations across 23 African countries working to promote SRH rights.
This is an exciting time in TICAH’s journey! After 19 years of impact we have just finalized our new 5-year strategic plan. It emphasizes our mission of amplifying community action towards holistic health and fundamental rights and affirms an intersectional and multidisciplinary programming approach. We are expecting to impact 500,000 people by the year 2026. Our 3 priority areas are Gender Justice, Climate Justice and Holistic health.
More details on our new strategy plan here and here. Our website: https://www.ticahealth.org/About the role
As Head of Finance and Operations, you will ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all support functions and processes in the organization to support the growth of our programs and impact. You will lead our finance department, overseeing all our accounting and subgranting procedures, driving effective multi-year budgeting, and ensuring stellar compliance with all our donors’ requirements.
The role also oversees the HR, office and admin support function, all in service of TICAH’s mision, goals, programs and staff. This is a new role at TICAH and part of the Leadership Team, TICAH’s strategic think-tank providing mission-driven leadership towards the accomplishment of the Strategic Plan.Your responsibilities will include:
Provide Organization & Department Leadership (20%)
● Support the ED in ensuring regular reviews of the organization’s progress on the strategic plan
● As part of the Leadership Team you will play a key role in providing strategic direction to TICAH, ensuring the Strategic Plan is implemented, and both draw from and provide inputs to the various committees.
● Champion improvement, optimization and team-wide adoption of organizational processes in general, and own all organizational SOPs and policies (procurement, HR policies, financial policies, etc)
● Oversee the finance, operations and HR areas, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
Lead Financial Management (40%)
Oversee Accounting and Statutory Compliance (20%)
Lead Operations to effectively support the organization (20%)
Who we are looking for:
You have the cultural fit to work with the team at TICAH if
Why work with us
Anticipated start date is August or September 2022. The role will be based in our Karen office with occasional home office option if workflow allows. We are looking for candidates who are excited to make a long-term commitment.
There will be a six-month probationary period and we will agree on performance and learning objectives.