Head of Global Talent Acquisition
- Population Services International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1H49gIH
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1H49gIH
ABOUT POPULATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL
We are the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
We adhere to the idea health services and products are most effective when you work to ensure wide acceptance and proper use. PSI works in partnership with local governments, ministries of health, and local organizations to create health solutions that are built to withstand and overcome obstacles.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” in 68 countries around the world who share a common purpose, coming from backgrounds as diverse as the medical industry to the music industry, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
ABOUT THE ROLE: HEAD OF GLOBAL TALENT ACQUISITION
We are looking for a Head of Global Talent Acquisition to lead PSI into a creative new era of recruiting. You will spearhead the reinvention and revamp of PSI’s approach to attracting and hiring top talent to our organization.
Through dedicated surveying, listening to our people, and overall consensus, our organization-wide priorities for the next 24 months are to focus on successful recruiting and onboarding. Working closely with the other units of the People, Learning, and Performance Team as well as the hiring managers across the entire organization, you will focus on bringing innovation and cutting edge techniques to our team.
You think outside the box and are not afraid to question strategy or to try new things. In our DC headquarters, you will design and implement new systems, identify whether they are successful, and pivot where needed. You will provide thought leadership and coaching to our global teams, managing a team of international recruiters, and bringing approximately 150 new talented employees to PSI annually.
You will work with the rest of the PLP team on revamping our employer brand, onboarding new team members, and improving our candidate and new hire experience.
By bringing in the best talent for PSI, you will have a direct impact on implementing great programs, which results in more lives saved!
AT – A – GLANCE:
- Full-time salaried position based in Washington, DC
- Up to 25 percent international travel
- Reporting to the Vice President, People, Learning, and Performance
- Collaborating with a 25-person People, Learning, and Performance Team
- Managing a team of 3 international recruiters
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE ROLE…
The Outcomes From Your Work in this Role
- You will work for one of the largest global change leaders, spearheading our ability to attract and hire top talent around the world.
- You will design and execute creative new strategies, positioning PSI to be on the cutting edge of hiring – reinventing processes and procedures.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will hone your leadership and management skills.
- You will strengthen your ability to work across cultures, languages, and mindsets.
- You will build deep professional relationships with our team in order to gain trust and encourage clear, effective interactions between offices in different cultural contexts.
- You will deepen your expertise in organizational design and hiring great talent.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
- You will receive a generous salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
- You will work with a great amount of autonomy and freedom to try new strategies, learn from best practices, and improve on any failures.
- You will work in Washington, DC, a vibrant political hub also touted for its food, arts and culture.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Reinventing PSI recruitment
When we say reinvent recruitment, we mean it. We need someone with fresh ideas that will take the candidate experience to a whole new level to increase our quality of hire. This includes refocusing our employer brand at every candidate touch point, improving the ‘nuts and bolts’ of our day-to-day recruitment process and sharing PSI’s reputation as a great place to work with the outside world.
- Setting the path
You’ll work with the recruitment team to re-think the ‘nuts and bolts’ of recruitment – tweaking the basics to make a monumental shift in the way we work. We will also expect you to develop a recruitment strategy, align it with our systems and make it happen.
- Taking the lead
We know that we can be better. We’re looking for a leader who can inspire and motivate a diverse team to improve their outputs. Whether it’s improving our quality of hire, creating a WOW experience for internal hiring managers or candidates, or boosting recruiter efficiency, this role demands more than the status quo. We want you to make us to best in class.
- Utilizing top talent
As a leader, we expect you to cultivate a team of top recruiters that will set a new standard of customer service for our internal hiring managers as well as for our candidates.
- Attracting the best
You’ll be our employer brand ambassador to the outside world to attract the best talent. You will ensure candidates not only are communicated with but also share with others about their amazing experience with us whether they get the job or not.
- Sharing your expertise
We expect you to inject a fresh perspective into PSI’s recruitment process, and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to help us work more innovatively. Using your expertise, you will provide oversight of proposal development, ensuring quick turn around on tight deadlines.
- Contributing to our culture
We keep it real. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves and make sure to have fun. We have an open floor workspace, equipped with phone booths and quiet nooks, colorful post-its and dry erase boards – reminiscences of a day’s brainstorming session. We love creativity and strongly believe in the value of culture fit.
WHO YOU ARE …
- A Recruiting Expert – You bring 5-15 years of excellent experience in recruiting, client management, talent acquisition, customer service, or related field. You’ve successfully revamped the way an organization has approached hiring top talent. We’re more interested in what you’ve done than how many years of experience you bring.
- A Natural Connector & Matchmaker – You are calculated and intentional, one who thinks big picture and also rolls up your sleeves. You’re fantastic at understanding others and have a talent of identifying strategic connections.
- A Cross-Cultural Maven – You’ve successfully navigated within an international organization: one with offices in places like Guinea and Guatemala, Kenya and India; or you’re a globe trotter at heart who has significant cultural sensitivities.
- A Creative Detective – You are industrious and incessantly inquisitive. You love helping teams think through needs and challenges, identifying ideal candidate profiles, and finding those folks out in the world.
- A Strategic Decision Maker – You thrive under pressure. This role isn’t for the meek. We want excitement, not reluctance when a big decision needs to be made or you’re asked to make a tough call on candidates.
- An Adaptable Leader – You’re able to handle a curve ball. You adapt to changing environments and thrive when things move fast.
- A Passionate Culture Fit – You are 100% values-and culture-aligned with PSI. In fact, you live and breathe our values – Measurement, Pragmatism, Honesty, Collaboration, Trust, and Commitment on a daily basis.
- An Active Listener & Communicator – You can connect easily with people and can quickly earn trust from your team. You genuinely care about people and ensure that team members feel their voice is heard.
- Bonus if you also bring a level of French speaking.
- Bonus if you also bring a level of French speaking.
- A Tactical Juggler – You’re able to juggle multiple projects at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity, and love to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment. You take your work seriously, but not yourself.
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. Priority will be given to those applications submitted by 11:59pm EST on Wednesday, July 29, 2015.
These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by PSI leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You’ll be invited to join our growing team in Washington, DC. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!