Head of Investor Relations
- Agora Partnerships
- Mexico City, Bogotá or Santiago de Chile
- Job Type
- Full-time independent contractor
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 21, 2019, with HEAD OF INVESTOR RELATIONS - [YOUR NAME] in the email title the following: An updated CV (in Spanish or English) A motivation letter (maximum 1 page) explaining: (1) why you are excited for this opportunity, (2) what has been your most relevant experience that prepares you for this role (including financial experience), and (3) salary expectations and preferred location (please specify if you currently have a work permit in that location - this is informative only and will not disqualify you). A ~2-minute video answering the 2 following questions, one in English and the other one in Spanish: (no need to spend time on video quality as only the content will be evaluated): (1) If you had to describe yourself personally in 7 words, what would be your 7 words? Describe in more detail why one of the words is important to who you are; (2) Given what you know about the Latin American social entrepreneurship and impact investing ecosystems, what do you think could be done to increase capital flow to social entrepreneurs in the region?
- Where to Apply
WHAT WILL THE POSITION ENTAIL?
The objective of this position is to facilitate connections between investors and entrepreneurs, growing Agora’s Investor Network and ensuring successful investment preparedness of growth-stage social enterprises in Latin America. Not only will you be a leader on the team, but you will be an advisor, strategist, connector, community builder, friend and executor to help purpose-driven entrepreneurs access the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses. Your work will be critical for building efficient early-stage capital markets and helping investors address their barriers.
Operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, the Head of Investor Relations will report directly to the Managing Director and have significant responsibility, autonomy and opportunity to contribute to the growth of Agora’s investment activities and lead consulting engagements with Agora enterprises.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Investor Relations primary role is to maintain, strengthen and expand the Agora Investor Network, as well as to ensure successful investment preparedness of growing social businesses in Latin America. The Head of IR will support Agora’s efforts in facilitating capital flow to Agora companies through the following responsibilities:
– Investor Network: Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing Investor Network members by supporting their investment pipeline development; and recruit new investors to the network through research and targeted outreach.
– Investor Matchmaking: As the lead of the Investment Marketplace, you will evaluate entrepreneurs’ investment readiness for entry into the Investment Marketplace, and coordinate the investor-
matchmaking process, understanding the capital needs of the participating enterprises and work to connect each company with potential investors. Work with investors to understand expectations and provide curated lists of investment opportunities with Agora entrepreneurs. Coordinate investor roundtable meetings at international industry events and at private Agora investment events.
– Investor Retreat: Support the execution of a bi-annual Investor Retreat by promoting the event to the Investor Network, assisting in new content creation and coordination of the event.
– Financial Innovation and Vehicles:
– Act as the Kiva Program Manager: Coordinate Kiva loan program to ensure flow of capital to Agora companies. Support the Agora Programs team to communicate the Agora Kiva offering, facilitate company preparation of the Kiva application, and review completed applications. Support companies raising Kiva funding by constructing amortization schedules, holding a loan credit committee, create communications and marketing materials and publishing the loan on the platform.
– Manage partnerships with family foundations looking to catalyze impact through new financial structures and innovations, such as recoverable pass-through grants in partnership with financial actors. Responsible for strategy, design and implementation.
– Knowledge Management: Create quarterly Investor Newsletter and entrepreneur-facing materials (e.g. term sheets), keep investor-related information (contact details, investment thesis, closed deals) updated on Agora’s CRM system, generate analytics and dashboards as needed to understand and communicate (internally and externally) investment trends
– Special projects: Special projects will be identified periodically and may include, but are not limited to, initiatives related to investor communications, new partnerships, investor engagement, or fundraising.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a professional to help us celebrate the power of entrepreneurship to build stronger and better societies. Are you a detail-oriented professional with a strong financial background (i.e. experience in banking, credit analysis, loan review or other similar investment-related role), and at least 6 years of relevant professional experience? Do you have good interpersonal and client management skills? Are you familiar with the Latin American context and/or the impact investing/social entrepreneurship field? Are you fluent in both English and Spanish and eager to travel across the region? Do you want to make a positive impact on society and the environment while pursuing your professional goals? If so, this opportunity is for you!
WHY JOIN AGORA?
We are a team of 20 professionals spread out across Latin America, united by our passion for making a positive impact on society by empowering entrepreneurs who are working to solve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In the past 8 years, through our flagship Accelerator program, Agora Partnerships has accelerated nearly 250 companies across 12 industries and 21 countries, helping them raise over $92 million in investment and impacting over 6 million lives. For more information on Agora, please visit www.agora2030.org
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Agora Partnerships provides the following:
– Competitive compensation to comparable roles in the region;
– Workspace in a local co-working office and flexibility to work remotely (home office);
– Stipend to cover expenses during work travel;
– International travel emergency medical insurance (on international trips);
– Access to Agora’s professional networks (such as ANDE, Sistema B, and Impact Hub);
– Opportunities to attend industry conferences (with travel stipend and attendance covered);
– Access to networking events and an extensive network of professionals and industry experts.