Head of Operations
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 400,000 cookstoves in East Africa, which have helped 2,000,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN is experiencing strong growth and intends to increase sales by more than 50% in 2018. BURN is growing quickly and is looking for someone to help fuel this growth from the operations side.
• Oversee and drive growth in the Production, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, and Inventory departments.
• Liaising with the senior management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
• Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
• Budgeting and reporting.
• Ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
• Help drive new products into stable operations, including project management, updating systems, planning for resources, timelines, etc.
• Ownership of ERP system.
• Material planning and forecasting.
• Plan and implement new systems.
• Continuous improvement in systems, products, production, communication, and people.
• Team management.
• 2 years’ of experience as Head of Operations
• 2 years’ experience working in international environment
• 1-year experience forecasting
• 5 years’ working experience in a production environment
• Engineering background is a plus
• Experience in East Africa is a plus