Head of Operations-Manufacturing
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Africa’s best-selling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood clean cookstoves. Not only do our products save money, fuel and natural resources, but they also dramatically reduce harmful indoor smoke emissions which can cause significant health problems, even death.
With more than 500,000 stoves sold since 2013, BURN has established itself as Africa’s most trusted cookstove brand thanks to our unwavering commitment to innovative research and design, manufacturing excellence, and customer care.
BURN manufactures its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and East Africa, and support a workforce, which is 60 percent female, thus, empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
BURN is experiencing strong growth and intends to increase sales by more than 50% in 2019. BURN is growing quickly and is looking for someone to help fuel this growth from the operations side.
• Oversee and drive growth in the Production, Maintenance, Quality, Supply Chain, and Inventory departments.
• Liaising with the senior management team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
• Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
• Budgeting and reporting.
• Ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
• Help drive new products into stable operations, including project management, updating systems, planning for resources, timelines, etc.
• Ownership of ERP system.
• Material planning and forecasting.
• Plan and implement new systems.
• Continuous improvement in systems, products, production, communication, and people.
• Team management.
• 2 years’ of experience as Head of Operations
• 2 years’ experience working in international environment
• 1-year experience forecasting
• 5 years’ working experience in a production environment
• Engineering background is a plus
• Experience in East Africa is a plus