Head of Product
- Briink Intelligence GmbH
- Berlin, Germany
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Click on the link below to apply!
- Where to Apply
WHAT WE DO
The climate transition will require transformational change across each and every industry. The EU has mobilized sustainable finance regulation to be the main driver of this transformation, being the only lever that can push system change at the scale and pace required.
Based out of the Berlin AI Campus and backed by Merantix AG, Briink is a team of passionate entrepreneurs, lawyers, data scientists, and sustainability experts. At Briink our mission is to leverage the scale of AI to help businesses make sustainable finance regulation actionable, thereby accelerating their transitions toward a greener future.
Our first product helps guide companies through the alignment and reporting obligations set out in the EU taxonomy – the EU Commission’s flagship sustainability transparency framework for companies and investors. We subsequently plan to expand our product suite to include other major sustainable finance disclosure regimes, including the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and European Green Bond Standard.
We are looking for a highly motivated Head of Product to join our core team and play a central role in the development of our AI-driven sustainable finance reporting platform. The candidate will play an integral role in transforming our vision into a concrete product roadmap. We are searching for a driven candidate with (i) extensive product ownership experience at SaaS companies; (ii) a proven history of bringing innovative solutions to market; and (iii) a deep understanding of and passion for product discovery.
You will join an early-stage startup with secured seed financing and will have the opportunity to play a leading role in its product development journey. Our Head of Product needs to be a self-starter, able to articulate their thoughts clearly and translate them into actionable product direction and have excellent attention to detail. You will be interfacing with a variety of internal and external counterparts across the company. The role is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to cutting-edge machine learning technologies.
If you think you are right for this role but don’t meet all of the requirements, we strongly encourage you to apply anyway. Even if this isn’t a perfect fit, strong candidates will be kept in our talent pool for future hires.
What you will be doing:
– Take on the Head of Product role within our team and play a leading part in shaping the product roadmap of our sustainable finance reporting solutions
– Engage with our customers, partners, and business stakeholders to help shape the roadmap for the features, workflows, APIs, services and integration layers that together comprise our product offering
– Capture and translate users needs and desired outcomes into compelling product features that provide real value to our customers
– Work together with our Design team to ideate, prototype and iterate on a new, cutting-edge user experiences in the sustainable finance reporting space
– Communicate cross functionally with other teams to understand our customer pain points and capture the problems we need to solve
– Acquire a deeper knowledge of customer needs through research and discovery work
– Work closely with the Design and Engineering team to create and maintain a product backlog aligned with customer priorities and company ROI
– Integrate potential product insights with sustainable finance methodologies & frameworks employed by businesses
– Identify customers’ pain points through user interviews/workshops to continuously evolve the product and maximize its value proposition
– Keep your ear to the ground and keep track of new developments with respect to the EU Taxonomy and related developments within the sustainable finance space
– Join us on the soapbox – be a climate champion who ensures impacts are maximized
– 3+ years experience building SaaS products in a leadership role
– Set of product principles derived from experience building exceptional products with best-in-class user experience
– A deep understanding of product discovery and how product teams work with data and user feedback
– Strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to work both with Briink’s internal team and external clients
– An analytical mindset, able to structure your thoughts on complex problems and synthesize them into tangible product features
– Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment where priorities can shift rapidly
– Good self governance in planning, prioritizing and executing work assignments, using discretion and independent judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
– University degree in a relevant field (e.g. sustainable finance, economics, law, computer science) or equivalent experience
– A baseline understanding of and interest in AI and data science
– Berlin based (or willing to relocate to Berlin)
– Experience in sustainable finance, either directly within a leading corporation or in finance, consulting, law, investor relations, corporate reporting, investment banking, or other related field
– Experience working in a startup environment and a love for the unknown
– German proficiency
WHAT WE OFFER
Compensation: A competitive salary and equity package
Impact: The ability to accelerate the positive sustainability impacts you have already had in your career by harnessing the tremendous scalability and processing power of artificial intelligence
People-first: A learning & development program for all our team members
Excellence: Direct access to the Merantix ecosystem and its enthusiastic, industry-leading network of entrepreneurs, data scientists, and engineers from around the world
Flexible: Flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely when desired
Briink is harnessing the scale of data and artificial intelligence to help companies navigate and implement sustainable finance regulatory frameworks, removing the significant cost and time barriers that are blocking them from achieving their climate neutrality objectives.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. We strongly encourage individuals from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply, and we can help with immigration.