Head of Regional Operations – Digital Strategies for Economic and Financial Inclusion
- FUNDACIÓN CAPITAL
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
What are we offering?
Foundation Capital is looking for a (a) regional manager to lead innovative strategies for economic and financial inclusion of adults and low-income youth in Latin America, with high digital component. Established in Bogota (Colombia) and frequent trips in the region, the Head of Regional Operations will develop these projects in collaboration with an international team committed to social change. We provide a service provision contract with effect from its subscription until April 30, 2017, with the possibility of being extended as opportunities for the organization. We offer an opportunity for enterprising, strategic and creative minds, seeking challenges and space to turn their ideas into reality.
Who are we?
Foundation Capital (Fundak) is an international non-profit organization, whose team works in 11 countries in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa with the mission of reducing poverty. This is achieved by gestation, design and implementation of innovative projects in order to create conditions that allow people with limited resources build, improve and enhance human, physical, social and especially financial assets (www.fundacioncapital.org)) .
What are the activities and responsibilities?
The person hired will be responsible for developing and promoting digital training tools and inclusion of low-income populations. It will coordinate these initiatives at various stages, from design and initial testing, to implementation and integration in different markets, both public and private. As Head of Regional Operations, will be the visible head of these projects to their partners, customers and donors, and the primary responsibility for the promotion and sustainability. This position will focus more specifically on:
• The LIST Initiative: Coordinate the development and implementation of this innovative strategy of inclusion and financial education for adults, based on a mobile application. Deepening its current use in Colombia, Brazil, Honduras, Dominican Republic and Mexico, and continue its expansion into new geographies and markets, particularly the financial sector.
• Digital strategies to young people: Coordinate and support the activities of design, technology development, testing and evaluation of training tools gaming and economic and financial inclusion for low-income youth. Coordination with partners and promoting these tools.
• Transverse activities: Participate in the development of Fintech area of Foundation Capital, contribute to the strategy of the organization towards low-income youth, and work closely with other divisions of Fundacion Capital for development of scalable digital tools that create skills and economic and financial integration.
Who are we looking for?
• Ability to teamwork, excellent leadership skills, internal and external communication, and relationships with a wide variety of partners.
• Creativity, independence and entrepreneurial spirit, with ability to explore and propose new ideas and projects oriented problem solving.
• Mind organized, analytical, able to define priorities and excellent written skills.
• Commitment to social issues, and interest in new technologies and solutions
innovative approaches to poverty reduction.
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of their time and interest in the field work.
• Skills and Knowledge:
or skills in sales, business development, leadership and project management.
or budget management, monitoring indicators and reporting.
or is favorable to have knowledge in: product design and financial channels, including
financial, new technologies, education, edutainment, E-learning, entrepreneurship
• Work experience: At least 3 years of work experience in one or more of the following
sectors: business development, financial and economic inclusion, financial sector and / or
microfinance, Fintech industry, banking, education, edutainment, marketing and
communication, technology and financial innovation, youth work, social entrepreneurship.
• Languages: Excellent oral and written Spanish and English. preferably
knowledge in Portuguese.
• Education: Professional in Economics, Finance, Project Management, Business Administration,
Industrial Engineering, Information Technology and Communication, Education.
• The following items are assessed:
or international experience, particularly in Latin America and Africa.
Closeness or thematic development, financial inclusion, fight against poverty.
o Experience working with low-income youth.
How can you apply?
Please send us your CV, contacts of three personal references and a cover letter
concise in which explains: (1) their motivation to work with us, (2) why it would be a real enrichment for our team, (3) salary expectations and possible start date, (4) where you find our offer job.
Please note that only complete applications will be considered. Send your request to the June 5, 2016 email@example.com, with the subject \ “Head of Regional Operations – Digital Strategies for Economic and Financial Inclusion \”. This job will remain posted until the position is filled.