Head of Schwab Foundation
- World Economic Forum
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the sister organization of the Forum, was founded in 1998 by Klaus and Hilde Schwab and manages the world’s largest network of late-stage social entrepreneurs.
The role will be based in Geneva with some international travel (25%). The Schwab Foundation is part of the Foundations Team, a unit of the Forum’s Public Engagement Group. The Head of the Schwab Foundation will report to the Head of the Foundations Team and work closely with the Managing Director of Public Engagement and leadership team overseeing the Foundation of Young Global Leaders and the Foundation of Global Shapers.
• Work closely with the Chairperson of the Schwab Foundation to execute the Co-Founders’ vision and lead the “Strategy to 2021” endorsed by the board.
• Manage donor and board relations and reporting requirements.
• Supervise the foundation staff on critical tasks such as the annual selection process of four categories of awardees, including sourcing new candidates, evaluating applicants against eligibility criteria, conducting rigorous due diligence on shortlisted candidates, and overseeing the preparation of documentation on the finalists for board approval.
• Cultivate new donors and partners for thought leadership opportunities and services.
• Shape and structure the three year fellowship programme of each annual cohort of Schwab Foundation awardees to deliver greater individual and collective impact.
• Design private programming for awardees at Forum summits in collaboration with team members.
• Act as a thought leader and spokesperson for the foundation in Davos and at major international conferences and fora.
Preferred requirements and experience:
• Have at least 10 years of professional experience in social entrepreneurship, social innovation, shared value, public sector innovation, collective impact, or related fields.
• Proven understanding of the key trends in social innovation, shared value, and/or social entrepreneurship, as well as credibility in the sector and connections to leading practitioner and ecosystem networks.
• Demonstrated track record of fundraising a plus.
The Head of the Schwab Foundation will report to the Head of the Foundations Team and work closely with the Managing Director of Public Engagement and leadership team overseeing the Foundation of Young Global Leaders and the Foundation of Global Shapers.