Head of Software Development
- Pawame Kenya Ltd.
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
We are looking for a Head of Software Development who is motivated to lead the team and the implementation to build industry-leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
1. Design Strategy and Plan to develop fit-for-purpose solutions
– Design an effective Road Map
– Document an implementation plan and features specifications
– Engage with stakeholders to review the designs.
– Advise on new technologies to adopt for the stack.
– Act as a technical and business systems subject matter expert for the developers and
2. Implementation of Features
– Write manageable code to implement these features against an approved development plan ( Back-End and Front-End when needed)
– Manage the entire DevOps process – from Dev to Production.
– Testing and Training of New Features
3. Write automated and functional tests for front-end features.
– Train users on new features working as well as improving the UX based on user feedback.
– Integrate health monitoring and logging tooling to maintain a healthy stack.
4. Maintain Fullstack & Debugging
– Troubleshooting new bugs and general maintenance when called upon. e.g troubleshoot Zoho Creator used for field operations.
5. Manage the Software Development team
– Hire, onboard and train new team members.
– Monitor the performance of the team.
– Devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the team – to implement improvements to our processes and knowledge sharing within the team
Cross-functional relationships & interfaces
1.Call center – Help the call center with bulk information updates upon request. Occasionally troubleshoot and escalate issues with backing services e.g pay as you go providers.
2. Logistics & Inventory Team – Help with occasional bulk updates of inventory workflow data.
3. Analytics Team – Extract data from running services upon request.