High-School Counselling and Training Coordinator
- Hatua Network
- Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Want to apply? ✔ Read this candidate guide with tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide ✔ Fill in the application form under http://bit.ly/HatuaSecondary You will be asked to upload your CV as part of the application form. Make sure it is in PDF format, no longer than 3 pages and relevant to this role. You will also be asked to submit a video link. Instructions: Record a video of yourself answering the following question: Tell us about a time when you supported a teenager who went through a difficult time. What was the situation? What approach did you use to support them? In the course of the engagement, how did you adjust your approach and why? What was the result? (Max. length 2 minutes, upload on any video sharing platform such as YouTube as 'public' or 'unlisted' and share the link in the application form below) ✔ The selection process will include interviews, a personality test, a written case study exercise and a visit to Likoni.
- Where to Apply
- You are highly passionate about the youth and have strong commitment to helping them build their character and values, identify their talents, and realize their dreams. You are particularly invested in helping youth grow and overcome challenges.
- You have at least 5 years of work experience.
- You have strong experience in designing and running trainings and workshops, ideally using a participatory approach that incorporates activities to teach and demonstrate results. Experience in soft skills training focused on shaping values and behaviours is preferred.
- Experience in curriculum design and measuring learning outcomes is an added advantage.
- You are organized and plan ahead, with strong project management skills. You have experience coordinating with many stakeholders to make things happen.. Event management experience is preferred.
- You are able to build strong rapport and trusted relationships with students at high school age. You have a natural way of showing love and care. You know how to balance between being warm and approachable while setting clear expectations.
- You will play a parental role to over two hundred students, so mature character and experience in handling adolescent youth isnecessary. Experience working with low-income youth is preferred.
- You are empathetic and a great listener.
- You have the ability to influence people’s actions.
- You are a role model in your community – you will stand for our values to parents and students: Respect, Integrity, Service to Others, Resourcefulness and Teamwork.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic environment, managing many moving pieces simultaneously.
- You understand the importance of tracking results and are comfortable working with data.
- You hold relevant diplomas or degrees, for example psychology, social work, counselling, project management or teaching.
About the role
Hatua gives access to education, but scholarships alone won’t lead to our students being uniquely prepared for the workforce.
As High-School Counselling and Training Coordinator you are tasked with enabling our students to be successful in their future lives. You are the first support for students, both academically and emotionally and you will run programs and engagements that will build their character and values which help them discover and develop their lifelong potential.
Your success means that our students demonstrate good values, develop into responsible, confident young people, are academically successful, and maintain a high transition rate to university.