HR and Operations Manager
- Dimagi Software Innovations
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate ‘HR and Operations Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Position Description – HR and Operations Manager
We are looking for an HR and Operations Manager to join our team at Dimagi in India. The job profile consists of a broad spectrum of functions, ranging from basic office administration to managing and executing human resource functions and operations workflows (more details below). The person will report directly to the Director of Operations, based in New Delhi.
We are located in Vasant Vihar, New Delhi and offer a casual working environment with flexible hours. Dimagi currently has other offices in Cambridge, USA; Cape Town, South Africa; Dakar, Senegal; as well as permanent staff based in Myanmar, Zambia, Guatemala, and Mozambique. While this position is based in India, there is potential international travel from time to time to one of our country offices based on business needs.
Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization and exact compensation will vary by level of experience.
- Manage complete recruitment cycle from job posting to interview scheduling to finalizing the offer
- Manage and coordinate onboarding for new-hires and off-boarding for employees leaving the organization
- Serve as single point person on all personnel/HR related questions
- Handle HR related processes and policies in coordination with the global Operations team
- Manage monthly payroll and payroll compliance with the help of external vendor
- Manage IT vendor and help employees with any IT related queries
Administration and Office Management
- Ensure sure smooth functioning of the office e.g restocking office supplies, getting things fixed, responding to inquiries
- Manage and maintain working relationship with existing vendors
- Help the staff with procurement of equipment and devices and manage equipment inventory
- Support planning and coordination of company events including offsite retreats and workshops
- Support international visitors by providing them with safety and travel information, helping them get oriented, and coordinating pickups
- Other administrative tasks such as printing and database entry, if needed
Workflow Execution and Documentation
- Revise and update company systems and procedures to facilitate a high, consistent level of efficiency and performance across administrative and operations tasks
- Ensure consistency in office systems and procedures across the company
- General execution of pre-defined workflows and processes.
Ideal candidates would:
- Have 4-5 years previous experience in an office environment (HR/administrative/operations experience ideal)
- Be computer savvy, highly organized, highly detail-oriented
- Excellent MS Office skills (at least intermediate Excel skills)
- Familiarity with Skype, Dropbox, and wikis
- Have the ability to learn new computer software programs such as Salesforce
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, international, and multi-cultural environment
- Wear many hats and be able to reliably manage several tasks at once
- Possess the abilities to self-organize, self-manage, and work with a team
- Enjoy working in a young, collegial, and collaborative environment, and want to contribute to an organization trying to make a difference in the social sector.
- Appreciate and strive for efficiency in all tasks and areas of ownership
- Have excellent oral and written English and Hindi
Background on Dimagi (www.dimagi.com)
Dimagi’s mission is to integrate innovative technology into global public and private services in order to improve human health and wellbeing. We are a small, diverse, and dedicated team who love what we do and are market leaders. Since 2002, we have been dedicated to building a wide range of technologies that help deliver quality health care to urban and rural communities in over 40 countries.
Dimagi’s team leads several initiatives to foster collaboration among engineers and implementers across the globe from technology in community health to open source standards. We have amassed a large network of partners over the last years. We work with a large network of non-profit and government partners to utilize technology to transform healthcare delivery for underserved populations (specifically focusing our CommCare product: www.commcarehq.org).