- GOAL Global
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
GOAL is increasingly embracing a systems approach in its development and humanitarian programming. Systems-based approaches are key to our work across 19 countries and sectors such as livelihoods, health, and child protection. Partnerships with the corporate sector, local businesses, governments and other stakeholders are helping us build more sustainable and effective programmes at scale. GOAL aspires to be a thought and practice leader in market systems by the turn of the decade.
In order to facilitate this development we are seeking a Roving Market Systems Advisor who can help roll-out systems approaches and help our country offices, business development unit and technical team engage with systems thinking programmatically. The role will involve close cooperation with business units across the organization, as well as building partnerships in the local market systems for health, livelihoods, child protection and others. The role will involve at least 50% travelling in order to help fields move from theory to practical implementation of systems approaches.
- Provide technical guidance to fields in systems approaches across sectors through extended field trips (50%) and remote support
- Collaborate with global, regional and local technical team leads for health, WASH, livelihoods, nutrition, and child protection on system approaches to their sector
- Collaborate with business development unit on rolling out systems approaches in humanitarian settings and new proposals
- Engage in strategic discussions on systems approaches, private sector engagement and impact investment at headquarter level
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Formal training in M4P (markets for the poor) methodology or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in market systems programming
- At least 5 years’ working experience in either private sector or development sector
- Master’s degree in business, economics, development or other relevant field
- Self-starter and highly motivated to drive change in an innovative and entrepreneurial organization
- Outgoing and friendly demeanour
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Perseverance and attention to detail as well as an understanding of the wider strategic developments in GOAL and willingness to contribute to this
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.