- Oorja Development Solutions India Pvt Ltd
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your application by filling the online application form and attaching your CV/resume.
- Where to Apply
The best part about working at Oorja is their collaborative, supportive and mission-driven team, and they are committed to cultivating a healthy and high-functioning work environment as they scale. It takes the right person to recruit, hire, develop and retain committed team members and to build a thriving culture. They’re seeking a passionate, self-starting, high-performing and detail-oriented HR and recruiting professional to lead their people operations. You will lead the end-to-end recruitment process for desk and field-based roles, curate a comprehensive and engaging onboarding experience, implement HR policies and assist with running monthly payroll, spearhead performance evaluation processes and lead professional development opportunities, all while working closely with Oorja’s co-founders. This position will report to the CTO. You should have a proven track record of managing an organisation’s HR and recruitment efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience with creating online content to attract talent. You should be comfortable working in a mission-driven start-up environment, be adept at multitasking and able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Assist with development of concise and clear job descriptions
• Post job descriptions across various recruitment channels
• Proactively source talent through social networks like LinkedIn and other talent databases
• Ensure that Oorja sources, attracts and retains the best talent from a diverse field. You’ll mitigate implicit and explicit bias and ensure fair hiring practices and an inclusive workplace
• Screen new candidate CVs and shortlist candidates through phone/video calls. You’ll be the face of Oorja to new candidates, as you are the first point of contact in the process
• Coordinate with senior management to move candidates through the interview process by scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and following up, including new employee/contractor paperwork
• Coordinate and oversee the onboarding process, continuously seeking to improve the experience for new hires by taking into account new hire feedback
Retention and Development
• Maintain Employee Handbook; reinforce the company policies, rules and procedures
• Assess and plan training or professional development opportunities for employees, in coordination with management
• Design and implement additional employee trainings as needed
Performance Management and Benefits
• Coordinate performance management processes and schedule quarterly or half-yearly performance management reviews, in coordination with managers
• Conduct offboarding processes, including exit interviews with departing employees
• Implement or administer company-wide benefits, including ESOPs, bonuses, leaves and absences
• Processing payroll and preparation of salary slips, in coordination with company CA
• Processing business travel expense reimbursement claims of staff
• Maintaining all personnel records including tracking leave taken by staff
• Prepare and publish public-facing content (job adverts, social media blurbs, blogs) describing the job opportunities and work environment at Oorja and highlighting team members’ contributions
• Perform any other people operations related tasks assigned from time to time by management
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience in human resources and recruiting/hiring
• Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of HR concepts, practices and appropriate labour laws and mandatory government payments (PF, ESIC, etc.) preferred
• Mature, professional and judicious demeanour with complete respect for confidentiality of sensitive data and sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Track record of producing results in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; self-identified “people-person”
• Extraordinary attention to detail, highly organised and efficient; ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities
• Adept at cultural translation and code-switching; able to have an in-depth conversation with an agriculture fresher, solar technician and a development sector manager all in one day
• Proficient at MS Office and Google Docs
• Fluency in English and Hindi will be strongly preferred
As the HR Lead, you will gain:
• Leadership experience and significant responsibility at an award-winning company in the renewable energy and agritech industries, among of the fastest growing segments of the Indian economy
• Ability to shape and positively impact company culture via its people
• A deep understanding of the solar and rural development space, particularly the decentralised renewable energy industry
• Knowledge that you are positively contributing to environmental and social impact every day in your work.
Oorja (www.oorjasolutions.org) is an award-winning clean energy company based in New Delhi, tackling some of the most pressing challenges in the off-grid energy sector today: renewable energy expansion and energy poverty.
Oorja’s focus is on powering beneficial appliances that help users to generate stable incomes, create jobs, and mitigate carbon emissions. Despite urgent need, around 90% of marginal farmers cannot afford to invest in solar technology for their farms. Oorja wants to close this gap. We install, operate and maintain decentralised solar energy systems for community use and sell irrigation, milling and refrigeration as affordable services on a pay-per-use basis to marginal farmers, without any upfront cost to them. We operate in rural areas of northern India where farmers are currently reliant on polluting and expensive diesel motors for their energy needs.
Our core strengths are our inclusive, customer-centred business model and a diverse and driven team with shared passion for sustainable development. We are determined to scale up access to essential services among marginalised communities.
Equal Opportunities and Non-Discrimination Statement
Oorja Development Solutions India Private Limited is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to religion, race, caste, gender, place of birth, sexual orientation, marital status or disability status. Oorja endeavours to provide a safe, diverse and comfortable workplace. Oorja will not adversely discriminate, and prohibits other adverse discrimination at the workplace, against any person on its premises, whether that person is in its employment or otherwise. If you can contribute to their organisation, you are welcome, regardless of your roots, religion, age or gender.