Human Resources Fellow
- Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
- Job Type
- Full-time, fellowship, unpaid
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Alterna is looking for a young professional to support our leadership in the development of our human talent, both for our permanent team and for our Fellowship program. Through developing and guiding the organization’s recruitment and retention action plan, this Fellow will form a crucial part of Alterna’s operations team and growth strategy.
Your specific responsibilities will be tailored to fit your profile and can include:
• Lead the process of recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding new fellows, interns and long-term staff.
• Identify and implement ways of investing in the professional and personal development of the entire team.
• Design and build new and ongoing relation- and partnerships to source Alterna with highly qualified team members and secure funding for our Fellows.
• Design and implement a full-service Fellowship program to staff and support Alterna’s operations, with a high value proposition for Fellows.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A degree in Human Resources, Psychology or Economics.
• Professional working proficiency in English and Spanish (verbal and writing).
• Proficiency in Office suite.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with different kind of interlocutors.
• Flexibility, ability to work autonomously and proactively.
• Contextual understanding and appreciation for the difficulties and rewards of working in a developing context.
• 6 – 10 month commitment to working on the ground in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
Please note that the Fellowship is self-funded by the Fellow and that Alterna consistently looks to the top talent in our fellow pool as our primary source when hiring for long-term paid positions. In return of this investment of your talent and experience, you will get the unique opportunity to:
• Gain real world exposure to innovative approaches, ideas and best practices in the areas of Impact Investing and Social Entrepreneurship, including key contextual insights on what the entrepreneurial process consists of in Central America.
• Connect with key actors in the social entrepreneurship field through Alterna’s network and open and expand your career trajectory.
• Work with an international team of young and passionate professionals.
• Be immersed in the vibrancy of Guatemalan culture.
HOW TO APPLY
We look for innovators; those who are excited by challenges; those who are looking to dive into problems head first; those who don’t take no for an answer and if you bring a sense of humor and contagious energy we wouldn’t be disappointed. If this is you, please fill out the Fellows Application Form from our website (http://www.alternaimpact.org/
As Central America’s first Center for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Alterna is com-mitted to developing an inclusive and dynamic ecosystem for social entrepreneurship through the cultivation of impact businesses offering training, consulting and connections to entrepreneurs who need it to grow their business and impact.
Alterna’s Fellowship Program is a unique distinction and a trampoline for talented young professionals who are strongly motivated in disrupting the status quo and developing sustainable solutions for the world throughout their career. Through a hands-on experience working with social entrepreneurs in an innovative and growing organization, Alterna Fellows develop a strong skillset, network and motivation to become the next impact leaders that the world needs.