Human Resources Lead
- One Acre Fund
- Rubengera, Rwanda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Experienced professionals with 5+ years work experience and a demonstrated passion for helping both our staff and clients achieve their full human potential. The Human Resources Lead must have a minimum of 5 years experience running a robust HR department, ideally within Rwanda. This opportunity is available to Rwandan citizens or work-permit holders only.
Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job
People are the most valuable resource at One Acre Fund. The Human Resources Lead (HR Lead) will coordinate the delivery of services, policies and programs through HR staff and advise One Acre Fund leadership on key HR issues. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
— Department Management – The HR Lead will be ultimately responsible for ensuring that exceptional levels of service delivery are maintained throughout all HR functions at One Acre Fund Rwanda, including: General HR (Policy, Employee Administration, Welfare, Corrective & Disciplinary Action, etc.), Structural Compensation Management, Recruitment, Payroll, HR Training, HR Policy Communications, Data Management, Decentralized Regional HR.
— HR Expertise – The HR Lead will stay abreast of country Employment and Labor Laws, using this knowledge in a close working relationship with One Acre Fund Leadership and Managers to guide HR policy compliance and decisions around key people issues including: strategic staffing plans, structural compensation management, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
— HR Competency Management & Development – The HR Lead will effectively manage and mentor HR staff at the headquarters and regional offices in Rwanda, ensuring high levels of HR competency within the team. S/he will develop a strategic plan for the department enabling it to meet the service needs of over 3,000 staff members, serving 1 million farmers by 2020. Anticipating future departmental needs, the HR Lead will recruit new talent and develop key existing talent with clear career mapping and planned growth opportunities.
— Representation – The HR Lead will represent all One Acre Fund HR staff in Rwanda. As the face of the HR department in country, s/he will represent the department in cross-departmental meetings, working groups, and external relationships with key HR partners.
— Oversight & Reporting – The HR Lead will oversee departmental spending through ownership of the department budget and monthly BvA reports. S/he will continually measure departmental progress against key strategic goals, regularly report on progress, and hold his/her team accountable to prioritizing and delivering results.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 5+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
– A minimum of 5 years experience running a robust HR department, ideally within Rwanda.
– Demonstrated experience in the following competencies: Human Resources Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Fostering Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees, Setting and Driving Vision.
– Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and financial management skills.
– Values champion: naturally goes above and beyond ethical conduct to ensure team value alignment and maintain the One Acre Fund work culture.
– A proactive learning mindset. The ideal candidate participates in conferences, professional organizations, and educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks.
– Strong communications proficiency and presentation skills.
– We seek passionate professionals who combine deep maturity with patience, flexibility, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
Preferred Start Date
This role contains fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement.
Health insurance, room and board, local taxes, travel allowances.
Sponsor International Candidates
No; Rwandan citizens or work-permit holders only.
To apply, please visit the following link and complete the application on our website – http://grnh.se/mc7b2a1