- MCE Social Capital
- San Francisco, CA or East Coast (flexible)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please send a brief cover letter, clearly stating your interest in this job at MCE, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Impact Analyst” and your name in the subject. All documents must be in PDF format and submitted no later than Monday, April 19th.
- Where to Apply
|The Impact Analyst is responsible for leading all impact measurement, evaluation, and communication practices for MCE’s portfolio. The primary purpose of the impact analysis function is to continually improve MCE’s understanding of and ability to maximize the social and environmental impact of its lending activities. The Impact Analyst will report directly to the Chief Business Development Officer with a dotted line to the Chief Investment Officer, working across the organization to advance MCE’s impact measurement and evaluation practices while facilitating effective impact communication both internally and externally.
Roles and Responsibilities
Impact Communications — Marketing, Communications, and Reporting
MCE Social Capital (MCE) is a nonprofit impact investing firm with a mission to unlock capital to empower families living in poverty to build a better future. MCE uses a pioneering blended finance model to leverage the excellent credit of high-net-worth individuals and foundations (Guarantors) to borrow capital from U.S. and European financial institutions and accredited investors. MCE then strategically deploys this capital to small and growing businesses and microfinance institutions in developing countries, with a focus on reaching women and families in rural areas. Since 2006, MCE has disbursed $228 million in investment capital to 130+ institutions in 55 countries across Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Caucasus, with current assets under management of $60 million.
MCE manages two investment portfolios:
• Small and Growing Businesses that create jobs, help smallholder farmers improve productivity and income, and facilitate clean water and energy. MCE seeks to address some of the critical market gaps by providing catalytic loans of $100k to $2 million to support small and growing businesses in the “missing middle”.
• Microfinance Institutions that help people living in rural areas gain access to credit, savings accounts, insurance, healthcare and health education, and business education. MCE provides microfinance providers with loans of up to $4 million.
MCE is a growing, dynamic organization with hubs in San Francisco, CA and Barcelona, Spain.