Impact Business Development Fellow
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send your resume with references
- Where to Apply
We are seeking an Impact Business Development Fellow who will actively contribute to keep improving our business development methodology and entrepreneur experience. This person will have the unique opportunity to be highly involved face to face with social entrepreneurs who want to change the world.
Who are we looking for?
• We’re looking for dreamers; the ones that believe in the power of change, people who believe in building environments where others can belong and thrive. Dreamers who deeply identify with Alterna’s mission, vision, and culture, and at the same time are looking for an opportunity to exercise their passion for business and impact investing. Their values and purpose align with the organizations.
• We’re searching for listeners, with a solid people-oriented dynamic, who enjoy fostering deep relationships with diverse cultures within creative environments. They’re characterized by assertive, organized and results-oriented communication.
• We want real doers who make things happen and are convinced that purpose-driven business models can transform reality as we know it. A doer understands impact solutions as a window of real possibilities for a more sustainable world.
How can the fellow add value?
• Skill-sharing with social entrepreneurs by actively participating in business development sessions or workshops. This could involve skills such as financial, marketing and/or impact.
• Providing guidance to social entrepreneurs based on your knowledge and experience. Share insights, questions, and challenge them to serve as a sounding board to help them setting goals and milestones.
• Supporting the entrepreneur development area by cocreating materials, documents, and processes to continuously improve Alterna’s methodology.
• Accompanying the execution of work plans and management initiatives that drive improvements in areas related to the process of strengthening business models.
• Creating different proposals, reports, or analysis to contribute improvements within the area or at an institutional level.
• Getting involved into the culture of Guatemala and Latin America by being in contact with different entrepreneurs in the region.
• Having a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, industrial engineering, commerce, or other related fields, ideally with a relevant master’s degree or MBA.
• At least three years of relevant professional experience, ideally on entrepreneurial growth services, environmental or social development projects; research and market development projects.
• Speaking Spanish as a first language or at advanced level and English fluently.
• Six to twelve months availability to participate in this full-time-program.