- Impact Enterprises International, Inc.
- Remote USA/Chipata, Zambia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Send application, with cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Impact Enterprises
Impact Enterprises is the first socially conscious BPO company in Zambia and one of the first in Africa, with the mission of providing valuable jobs to the large population of unemployed youth. We provide world-class managed solutions to tech companies around the world handling advanced datasets and rich content. Established in 2013, we have trained and employed over 300 high school and college graduates in Zambia and served over 140 clients across 4 continents.
With a successful history of excellence in business services, Impact Enterprises is now focused on three goals for its next phase of operations:
– Scale: expanding our client base through effective sales, leading to the growth of our workforce within and beyond our existing locations.
– Quality: investing in tools, trainings, and procedures to ensure the highest quality of client deliverables.
– Advisory Board: build out an advisory board of industry experts to guide the company through its growth phase.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate, strategic, and driven CEO to collaborate closely with the team, Board, and external stakeholders and execute on strategies to grow our operations to new levels. Building on our years of experience and established practices, the CEO will lead the company to reach new milestones and drive us to the forefront of the BPO industry.
The CEO will focus on business development strategies in the US and globally, while collaborating with the local team in Zambia. The position allows for flexibility of location to execute sales strategies, while providing travel to work hands on with our local team in Africa. This is an ideal position for a business leader looking to apply their skills towards a socially-conscious, sustainable initiative that has the potential to provide economic empowerment to thousands of underserved individuals.
– Research market trends, identify new opportunities, and refocus operations
– Liaise with strategic partners and associations to grow our presence
– Collaborate with COO to ensure HR strategy and internal policies are effective
– Support implementation of new tools and practices to improve operations
– Set and meet KPIs in accordance with industry standards
– Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to hit sales targets
– Lead sales outreach and client onboarding, from initial outreach through contracting
– Consult clients throughout the project implementation process
– Manage client relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
– Attend events and conferences in line with sales strategy
– Serve as role model for team and a voice for our community
– Create and update training materials to continuously improve employee performance
– Develop middle managers to ensure highest standards of operations
– Inspire a progressive and innovative work environment
– Foster healthy communication and problem solving
– Ensure team and resources are appropriately allocated and focused
– Build out an advisory board of 3+ members of industry experts
– Liaise with board on a regular basis
– Maintain quarterly reports to track milestones and KPIs
– Maintain financial models to ensure fiscal goals are met
– Manage cash flow, including accounts payable and receivable
– Run payroll and ensure HR compliance
– Submit all regulatory filings
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, strategist, and executor, with 8+ years of dynamic experience and a proven track record of leading and building strong teams to scale a growing company.
– Over 8 years of practical experience in start-up acceleration, SME development, sales, consulting, or business operations, with relevant education (MBA preferred).
– Proven track record driving results and change in a high-growth, client-facing environment.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships with a breadth of clients and stakeholders.
– Excellent public speaking and communication skills with the ability to serve as a strong external voice for Impact Enterprises and our work.
– Superior writing and verbal communication skills.
– Demonstrated experience building, leading, and coaching senior management or executive-level teams.
– Excellent critical thinking skills, with a track record of developing solutions to organizational issues in the face of complexity and ambiguity.
– Experience overseeing budgets, with the capacity to allocate resources strategically and manage spending effectively.
– Preferred experience in data and tech driven companies, specifically in AI/ML.
– Deep commitment to Impact Enterprises’ mission, ethos, and values.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. The position is flexible with regards to base location. Regular travel to Zambia and for business trips provided by company.